Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick #72: Tyrell Goulbourne, Forward, Kelowna (WHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Guess what.

Fightz

• Name: Tyrell Goulbourne
  • WHL Number: 12
  • Position: Centre
  • Shoots/Catches: Left
  • Height 5'11"
  • Weight 195
  • Birthdate: 1994-01-26
  • Hometown: Edmonton, Alb

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/851

Kelowna-Rockets-Tyrell-Goulbourne-Marissa-Baecker-Getty-Images.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
ISS had him at 171.

I was missing the Klotz pick. Been way to long where we draft a goon in the 3rd

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
Having hard time seeing the use of this pick...someone help out with what I'm missing.

Thank you in advance....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Meh, I mean how many of us honestly can say whether or not this is a good pick? I have never heard of him or half the guys taken in this round. These guys have like a 10% chance of making at as an NHLer to begin with. Ease up and see what he is doing in a couple years because there is very little you can say that could legitimately call into question a third round pick.

Even if you have seen him play before. Even if you have read his full scouting report. The Flyers scouts have 100x more information and expertise on the subject than you. You may not like the pick in terms of maybe you wanted a different player, but don't act like you know more than the team because it is so much more likely that you are wrong about whomever you would have chosen based on a tweet from Bill Meltzer back in February or whatever.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Dear Homer,

Lost interest in your version of the Flyers.......sorry buddy......but Goulbourne.......why don't you pick a paper cup, a paper clip and a rubberband for the 5th 6th and 7th picks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Meh, I mean how many of us honestly can say whether or not this is a good pick? I have never heard of him or half the guys taken in this round. These guys have like a 10% chance of making at as an NHLer to begin with. Ease up and see what he is doing in a couple years because there is very little you can say that could legitimately call into question a third round pick.

Even if you have seen him play before. Even if you have read his full scouting report. The Flyers scouts have 100x more information and expertise on the subject than you. You may not like the pick in terms of maybe you wanted a different player, but don't act like you know more than the team because it is so much more likely that you are wrong about whomever you would have chosen based on a tweet from Bill Meltzer back in February or whatever.

Oh, look, it's 'they get paid to do this and you're on a computer' guy. Argument's over guys. We can close the thread since it's not really worth objectively challenging it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->