GDT: Round 3: Colorado vs Vegas - Thursday at 9PM (Vegas up 3-2)

Who you want to face in the 3rd round?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This is going to be really hard for me. I expect Las Vegas to win the cup and destroy Montreal but man we are so close to making the finals.

It’s been a fun ride but like Good Ol’ JR always said business is about to pick up.

Reactions: dinodebino

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
If the Avs win series at all it also kills the curse since they too swept in Rd1 and facing Vegas who went 7.
highresrollsafe.jpg

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I assume the Avs would veto that though.

C'mon man! you know better than to assume:jk:

All kidding aside,why would they object? anyways I'm sure if the Habs did do something like that,no need necessarily to have the Avs practice facilities., can easily arrange other suitable ones .

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think for us, more time is better as we played so much hockey since March. Price also seems much more dialed in with more rest.

Yes. Let the old D get some rest. Let Petry’s swelling go down. Let Anderson rest since he’s clearly injured. Let Price refocus. It’s a big break. Also the fact they were already home now plays a big part.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I voted "I don't care", the coaching staff will have to be prepared for the unknown in both cases. How many "stars" those teams have doesn't matter, it's how well the Habs coaches can counter those team that matters (and the Habs players buying in).

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
It will be a good series with either of them. It’s kind of cool that we meet a western team in the semis!

Just afraid of our break lol, i know i’m weird...

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
at least 5 days off.
That's really good

Gallagher, Weber, Petry and Anderson should heal a little bit

I think one guy who will really benefit too is KK. He plays such a physically demanding style for a kid who isn't quite filled out yet. It's like he doesn't know that he's so gawky which I love about him.

Reactions: llamateizer

leopod

Apr 6, 2011
How has Stone been looking lately? I remember he was a pain to play against when in Ottawa, but haven’t followed him a lot in Vegas…is he getting older/regressing by any chance? I’ll pay attention for the rest of their series but just wondering if he’s on some kind of trend…

edit: I also remember him (and sens fans) for his famous microfracture lol

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How has Stone been looking lately? I remember he was a pain to play against when in Ottawa, but haven’t followed him a lot in Vegas…is he getting older/regressing by any chance? I’ll pay attention for the rest of their series but just wondering if he’s on some kind of trend…

He's a finalist for the Selke this year.

Reactions: leopod

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I saw the one game the other night and he's pretty tremendous.

Reactions: leopod

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Even better ! There is not a lot of winger that I take before him

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
It will be a good series with either of them. It’s kind of cool that we meet a western team in the semis!

Just afraid of our break lol, i know i’m weird...

there is a rest vs. momentum thing that's real. The way the boys played all out last night i was REALLY worried that if we didn't close it out last night that at the very least the Jets could push it to 7. We really laid it all on the line and if we had to keep doing it, you'd have to think it would take it's toll.

Would like to see big rest records of round 2 vs round 3. I'd have to think that they'd be better for going into a 3rd round but who knows

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Can’t believe Avs haven’t been in a semi-final / Conf final in 20-years... would need to win 2-of next-3 to get there

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't know why but VGK scares me more. Fleury is a bigger threat in the big games than Grubauer.

I see the AVS as a team similar to TML. I feel like Vegas are deeper.
Danault on shut down duties vs. Mackinnon - I feel like we have a better shot vs. the AVs. Either team will be a beast to get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad