Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 52, Wade Allison, RW, Tri-City (USHL)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
There is no issue if someone wanted Abramov over Allison at #52. But so far, both have played well in their draft +1 season.

It's not like Abramov's season is a surprise. He was a top scorer last year as well:

2016: 93 points in 63 games
2017: 101 points in 64 games

So he has 8 more points in 1 more game his year. Not a big uptick, just a year older/better.

Maybe there is a reason why GM's felt he was not worth spending a 2nd rounder on even though he was 5th in QMJHL scoring as a 17 year old rookie.

Time will tell if they were right or wrong....just like in Allison's case.

hystyk1921

Jun 17, 2015
south jersey
Why no love? This guy is good hockey player. Great weekend for him. Simmonds replacement? Poor mans eichel is how I describe his game

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
A Jeff Carter that as physical as Dustin Brown ? I would be happy with either one or the other

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Abramov would've been the better pick, but we need Allison more.

The flyers are small and kind of soft, although they show a lot of fight. Plus, we haven't had someone with a great shot since Jeff Carter along with being a pure goal scorer.

Flyers need someone with a lethal shot and someone who causes havoc on the forecheck. Wade does this really well. Connor Bunnaman is the same type of player, but Allison has more skill.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Abramov would've been the better pick, but we need Allison more.

The flyers are small and kind of soft, although they show a lot of fight. Plus, we haven't had someone with a great shot since Jeff Carter along with being a pure goal scorer.

Flyers need someone with a lethal shot and someone who causes havoc on the forecheck. Wade does this really well. Connor Bunnaman is the same type of player, but Allison has more skill.
Excuse me?

Wanna try that again, friend?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Excuse me?

It's really irritating when someone takes a potshot at your boyfriend, am I right? Just ask Stizzle, or myself.

Although, in all seriousness, talking about anything being "irritating" when this Sunday Night Football song is assaulting my ears seems disingenuous. Have you heard this thing? The **** are people thinking making sounds like this? It's not even ****ing c*ntry music, it's more vile than that even. The actual **** are they thinking? Triggered.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Excuse me?

For a team with scoring issues, go after someone who puts up big points like Abramov did in juniors.

I'm not saying Allison was a bad pick... he has arguably the best shot for all of our prospects. I think we needed Allison more than Abramov due to reasons I stated before.

I just feel that Abramov has more skill than Allison. Allison will fit the flyers system more so than Abramov, but don't sleep on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad