Prospect Info: Round 2, Pick 52, Wade Allison, RW, Tri-City (USHL)

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I guess this is all a positive considering to whom Allison has been compared:

fartsmell.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
"I will move on to saying 'I will move on' " Bleh.

Slow down, friend. Am I really the one who keeps bringing it back up, or do people keep directing questions at me after I say there's no point discussing it further? I'll take heat if you want, but it's a two-way street. Cheers.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Slow down, friend. Am I really the one who keeps bringing it back up, or do people keep directing questions at me after I say there's no point discussing it further? I'll take heat if you want, but it's a two-way street. Cheers.

Meh, whoever is to be blamed I still look forward to next 10 pages of "I will move on" and coming back with a "Cheers" and then surprisingly "I will not continue" again

(as if there was a need to point a finger at someone instead of just ****ing moving on)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
His skating needs to improve but I don't think it's that bad enough to be knock. He just needs to clean up some mechanical issues IMO. As he's got a good base to work with.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
The biggest thing to be excited about him besides his highlights is his work ethic and how he talks about it. He doesn't want to come up with the 'what if' stuff if he didn't work hard enough. And knowing his background in addition of this you'll know that he'll work very hard and I think he will grow to be a great Flyer in the future. He will fit right into it with his hair.

Passion, grit, skill, work ethic. This guy is great.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's also good balance, he's not a big goon, he's a big legitimate power forward, to go with the smaller, quick skill guys and the average sized (compared to the 230 Allison will probably fill out to) two way forwards Hextall has been stockpiling.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I could see big red adding, 10-15 lbs. 215-220 is closer to his done growing weight.
But yah he is gonna be a big dude. When he does some farm work in the offseason, he will be country strong.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Some good footage from the USHL Top Prospects game including interviews with Laczynski and Allison.

Mjoedgaard

Jul 4, 2013
Any news on how Wade Allison did at development camp.

From here http://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...lyers-nhl-development-camp-prospects-analysis

Wade Allison

Many were livid when the Flyers chose to pass up Kieffer Bellows and Julien Gauthier when both slipped to the 18th pick in June's NHL Draft. The hope was that Philadelphia would finally add a true goal-scorer to the ranks, as it's a skillset lacking both in the pipeline and with the big club. Instead, Hextall went with German Rubtsov (who was not at camp) in the first round, a playmaking, two-way center.

However, fans may get that sniper anyway, even though Bellows and Gauthier won't be wearing the orange and black anytime soon. Wade Allison certainly plays with the desired mentality.

To be sure, there are holes in Allison's current skillset. He's not an awful skater, but his first steps aren't exactly dynamic. His passes often floated to teammates in drills rather than being sent with authority. But Allison can do one thing really well, and that is shoot the puck. His shots had serious velocity, and he never hesitated to pull the trigger whether it was in close or from further out. Like Laberge, Allison has a long way to go before he'll potentially be NHL-ready, but if he reaches his ceiling, he'll score a lot of goals for the Flyers.

Flyers2819

Nov 12, 2013
Springfield VA
Just saw a tweet saying that he been released from the hospital. Guess he went head first into the boards? Anyone have any info on this? It was a RT from bill Meltzer

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He was taken off the ice in a stretcher, then got released and went back to the arena so obviously it was just being safe.

Also, on an unrelated note, reading through this thread again was pretty ****ing amusing. :laugh:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Brutal injury luck for our 2016 forward picks..Rubstov, Laberge and now Allison..

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Hard to see the end, didn't look like he hit his head straight on, maybe slammed it against the side.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I made the same complaint about 3 players -- Allison, Twarynski, and Bunnaman. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just would've liked more offensive production for their ages / levels of play for picks 52, 82, and 109. Not a big fan of limited offensive upside pluggers in the first 4 rounds, especially if they don't have blazing speed. Otherwise, love the draft.

How do you feel today?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nothing makes people respect your opinion quite like making hasty judgements on players you don't watch and then arguing about them for 10 pages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad