Prospect Info: Round 1, Pick #14: Joel Farabee, LW, USNTDP --> Boston U

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't have any issue with Ghost or Sanheim or Myers getting a development year in the AHL. Unfortunately Ghost got hurt in 14-15, but injuries can happen at any level. And while he was out rehabbing his knee, he was able to get a lot stronger.

Farabee isn't going to be playing defense, though. He's a winger. So I doubt he'll need a full year in the AHL before he can be a 12-13 minute a night NHLer.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope O’Brien has a bounce back year. Not saying you but people give up on players very quickly around here and in general. He has talent. Hopefully he has a much better year so we can talk about him more.

I hope he does, too, even though the JOB jokes are a lot of fun. Every prospect is different, so if he needs three years in college compared to one for Farabee, then that's totally fine.

Reactions: Foggy14

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
If this is true, and as someone further down pointed out he made some racist comment, well then, I take back what I said about being proud of him and I hope for the absolute worst for him and all of his loved ones. You know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I bet he sports a Confederate Flag on his truck and sits around skinhead gatherings bellowing, "DA SOUF WILL RIZE AGEN" like a bunch of ****ing redneck ****tards would bellow after consuming copious amounts of white trash beer like Bud Light while burning upside-down crosses.

**** him.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but from what I recall, it was more of a tongue and cheek comment. And with today's society (everything offends everyone), that's why he was fired

If it's not sarcasm, then yeesh. take a chill pill

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
If this is true, and as someone further down pointed out he made some racist comment, well then, I take back what I said about being proud of him and I hope for the absolute worst for him and all of his loved ones. You know, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I bet he sports a Confederate Flag on his truck and sits around skinhead gatherings bellowing, "DA SOUF WILL RIZE AGEN" like a bunch of ****ing redneck ****tards would bellow after consuming copious amounts of white trash beer like Bud Light while burning upside-down crosses.

**** him.

" while also watching NASCAR, praying to baby Jesus and waiting for the Rapture"

Reactions: Amorgus

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

Apparently, Albie O’Connell wasn't planning to teach Joel how to hold a hockey stick till his sophomore year.

Glad we got him out of there.:D

43221b72-9a62-4b39-8ff8-4b179467ad3d-AP_19026545877443.jpg

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Farabee needs to start next year in the AHL because he'll be much more accessible for autograph requests in the minors than in the NHL.

Go to the Trial on the Isle autograph session. I went in 2017 and got signed Flyers pucks from 19, 6, 61, 79, 23, 24, Allison, Frost, Ratcliffe, Sandstrom, and Rubtsov. Other than it being scorching hot out, it was a pretty fun excuse for a beach day.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Go to the Trial on the Isle autograph session. I went in 2017 and got signed Flyers pucks from 19, 6, 61, 79, 23, 24, Allison, Frost, Ratcliffe, Sandstrom, and Rubtsov. Other than it being scorching hot out, it was a pretty fun excuse for a beach day.
I went to the Phantom's Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Carnival this weekend and was impressed by how available the guys were for autographs. The longest lines were for the photobooths and to shoot on some non-Phantoms goalies. I didn't worry about autographs because I only had my kids with me and I figured none of the guys would be happy about signing them. There was a holy aura around the table when Bunnaman and Rubstov were signing autographs together.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I went to the Phantom's Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Carnival this weekend and was impressed by how available the guys were for autographs. The longest lines were for the photobooths and to shoot on some non-Phantoms goalies. I didn't worry about autographs because I only had my kids with me and I figured none of the guys would be happy about signing them. There was a holy aura around the table when Bunnaman and Rubstov were signing autographs together.
In my experience players are generally pretty inviting at team sanctioned events, like the Flyers Carnival, post game autograph sessions or public appearances and whatnot. They're representing the team and it'd be a bad look if they didn't at least pretend to be nice to the fans. They probably don't all wanna be there but they'll at least grin and bear it. They're not gonna treat you like you're best friends or anything, but if you try and make small talk, give compliments, ask a question, etc they'll usually be receptive and interact a bit. I've been to an above average amount of these types of things over the years and I've never really had a bad experience.

It's when you bug these guys on the street outside their hotel (if they're on the road) or after practice that they really don't like, and understandably so. Doubly understandable, because a sizable number of people who do this aren't really fans and are pretty much just looking to turn around and sell the autographs. Can't say I've personally done this but I've seen videos on YouTube of this type of interaction.

Didn't even know the Phantoms did a carnival. Did they charge for autographs? Because I know the Phantoms are usually at the Flyers Carnival. They're usually stationed at a game or roaming the ice level area, but they'll sign for free there if you approach them.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
In my experience players are generally pretty inviting at team sanctioned events, like the Flyers Carnival, post game autograph sessions or public appearances and whatnot. They're representing the team and it'd be a bad look if they didn't at least pretend to be nice to the fans. They probably don't all wanna be there but they'll at least grin and bear it. They're not gonna treat you like you're best friends or anything, but if you try and make small talk, give compliments, ask a question, etc they'll usually be receptive and interact a bit. I've been to an above average amount of these types of things over the years and I've never really had a bad experience.

It's when you bug these guys on the street outside their hotel (if they're on the road) or after practice that they really don't like, and understandably so. Doubly understandable, because a sizable number of people who do this aren't really fans and are pretty much just looking to turn around and sell the autographs. Can't say I've personally done this but I've seen videos on YouTube of this type of interaction.

Didn't even know the Phantoms did a carnival. Did they charge for autographs? Because I know the Phantoms are usually at the Flyers Carnival. They're usually stationed at a game or roaming the ice level area, but they'll sign for free there if you approach them.
Yeah I work with a guy who has told me stories of "some guys who are trying to turn around memorabilia" vs "fans there for fun" at certain Phantoms events.

From what I know, it was an event they put on for season ticket holders that renewed for next season. They didn't charge for autographs (or food) and there was 25% off stuff at the store. They had time slots for certain guys to be at autograph tables and photo booths, and guys would stand by some of the activities to chat/sign autographs.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Yeah I work with a guy who has told me stories of "some guys who are trying to turn around memorabilia" vs "fans there for fun" at certain Phantoms events.

From what I know, it was an event they put on for season ticket holders that renewed for next season. They didn't charge for autographs (or food) and there was 25% off stuff at the store. They had time slots for certain guys to be at autograph tables and photo booths, and guys would stand by some of the activities to chat/sign autographs.
Yeah, that's a reason I always tell players in my letter to personalize the autograph if they want. Harder to make $$ off an autograph that's already been made out to someone. Shows the player I'm not looking to sell it.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

I saw Hartnell in the KOP mall once. We made eye contact, and he realized I realized who he was. He immediately turned away, which is fine because he was out shopping he didn’t wanna be bothered so I didn’t bother him. Kind of feel bad for those kinds of guys especially the superstars you can’t even go out and buy themselves groceries without getting stopped in the street

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad