Series Discussion: Round 1: Jets vs Blues

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Can you imagine if Helle got hurt in game #1 and Croissant couldn't step in?

eric-comrie-2016-6378.jpg
Don’t do that!

Reactions: Jets 31

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It's disappointing to see Laine so low in the lineup and realizing it pretty much makes sense at this point. If he beasts for a couple of games, maybe move him up, but if he's beasting you probably don't want to.
I want Laine on the 4th line, away from Little.

Reactions: Board Bard

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
Why is Myers on the PP over Morrissey.....

JoMo has 3 more pp goals and three more pp points in 21 fewer games. Once again going with vet favortisim over vastly superior results.

Likely Myers to start to keep Morrissey's minutes down at first. I would imagine Morrissey is back in that role by the end of the series.

Reactions: Duke749

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
So what is the line on Binnington? With Fleury, it was known that to throw him off of his game you need to drive traffic to the net and crash the crease to a certain extent. We did none of that, and Fleury had an easy time with a lot of Jets perimeter shots, and clear line of sight to Jets shooters. Washington, of course, used the known strategy to make life difficult for Fleury which worked very effectively. They had a goal called off for goaltender interference, and someone (can't recall who) crashed the net and took a penalty for running Fleury. They had a strategy to make Fleury uncomfortable and he had a much more difficult time against the Caps. It was obvious, but we didn't do it. So that brings us to Binnington.

Now I am not saying, run the goalie. But traffic to the net is important. Does Binnington have any known weaknesses?

Career minor leaguer who is on a hot streak. Score a lot on him in game 1 and knock some of the smugness out of him. Once we are in his head, we should make quick work of them.

Reactions: Jets 31

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
We're doing Aavcocup tweets now, what's next fake Aavargard posts?!

Fake Avargard post are not allowed as per Board policies.

If you want Sip start a poll asking yes to Aavco tweets

Or

No To Aavco Tweets and I will respect the decision of our board...

How’s that?

Go :jets Go

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Fake Avargard post are not allowed as per Board policies.

If you want Sip start a poll asking yes to Aavco tweets

Or

No To Aavco Tweets and I will respect the decision of our board...

How’s that?

Go :jets Go

Actually miss both, Aavco posts for the intelligent lucid posts and the Avargard posts for the unintentional hilarity and insanity!

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Career minor leaguer who is on a hot streak. Score a lot on him in game 1 and knock some of the smugness out of him. Once we are in his head, we should make quick work of them.

Have you read the St Louis board lately we live in Igloos and our team sucks.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was gonna post some of Winnipeg’s “highlights”. Point being we are both dumps haha

We also have weird arch-thingies as the city landmarks. Both situated near a major river. Neither cities NHL teams have won a cup. Both teams had Steens as stars. Both teams got shafted by Paul Stastny. Hey, we are like sister cities!

Bluesfan1

Let's go Blues
Mar 22, 2018
Kansas
Wish Laine got traded so everyone could be happy.
We'd take him lol. As a Blues fan I'm sad we have to meet up early. Would have made a great western final series. Imo the stanley Cup champs will be decided round one. Both teams are real tough to play against. Let's Go Blues but if we do fall to you I hope you roll through the rest. Both city fan bases deserve the cup. See ya Wednesday gonna be fun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad