Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 - Canes vs Preds

How does the series go?

• Total voters

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Dedicated public servant Gov Cooper: Must be responsible public servant. Must be responsible public servant.

Canes fan Gov Cooper: STANDING ROOM ONLY MFers! Raise Up North Cakilaky! f*** Nashville’s pitiful 12k.

h3G8A0t.gif

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
email just went out

1 - STM strips will be available tomorrow. Check your email for your scheduled time

2 - General public tickets on sale on Sunday at noon.

3 - Anyone who already has a strip, in the earnest of time, there is no ability to relocate, but the entire seat selection process will happen again before Round 2.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
just checked out that Jake guys picks pre season on Twitter. If he put serious money down on those he would need to work anymore. Picked McDavid for Ross and Hart, Pens, Canes, Avs to win their divisions too. Canes to win the cup. If he even put down $1000 on all those he’s probably looking at $15k. Canes winning the cup would be another $20k.
Evidently, he's a guru on betting especially re: golf and hockey. I love their show and his tolerance of Boomer's takes and moods is entertaining.

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Preds fans are hilarious. Between their crap chants and throwing a effing catfish on the ice, they try so hard. Them, like the Panthers, southern team inferiority complexes are huge.

It's easy to assume it's that simple, but as a Canes fan since 2005 who grew up in NC, but have lived within an hour of Nashville for 4 of the last 7 years, and now actually IN Nashville, the atmosphere is amazing at the games, including all the "dumb" antics, the chants, etc. I love my Canes to death, but I give the Preds atmosphere a slight edge. Ive been to probably 25 Preds games in the last 7 years, including a few against the Canes. I was at the 5-0 drubbing the other night. I always wear my Canes gear vs the Canes, don't worry! And it was a tough night the other night not even getting to celebrate 1 goal. But I definitely celebrated for Rinne at the end of the game with the crowd, as of course I've been a part of the action for years now here, cheering him on.

Sidetracked there, but the point was, Bridgestone is awesome. Don't knock it till you've tried it as a fan vs, say, Dallas, etc.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It's easy to assume it's that simple, but as a Canes fan since 2005 who grew up in NC, but have lived within an hour of Nashville for 4 of the last 7 years, and now actually IN Nashville, the atmosphere is amazing at the games, including all the "dumb" antics, the chants, etc. I love my Canes to death, but I give the Preds atmosphere a slight edge. Ive been to probably 25 Preds games in the last 7 years, including a few against the Canes. I was at the 5-0 drubbing the other night. I always wear my Canes gear vs the Canes, don't worry! And it was a tough night the other night not even getting to celebrate 1 goal. But I definitely celebrated for Rinne at the end of the game with the crowd, as of course I've been a part of the action for years now here, cheering him on.

Sidetracked there, but the point was, Bridgestone is awesome. Don't knock it till you've tried it as a fan vs, say, Dallas, etc.
Ive been to Bridgestone. I guess my follow up post didn’t give away that one was a joke. It was hyperbole in response to a Nashville fan copying posts and putting them in the main board. I went overboard to give them something to talk about.

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
Ive been to Bridgestone. I guess my follow up post didn’t give away that one was a joke. It was hyperbole in response to a Nashville fan copying posts and putting them in the main board. I went overboard to give them something to talk about.

Oh I totally missed the follow up! Then that's hilarious!

Reactions: DaveG

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Oh I totally missed the follow up! Then that's hilarious!

Sorry. I was trying to make it sound serious in case it was copied. Then posted right after that kind of gave it away. Its hard to catch that on message boards with a lack of cues. I left them out intentionally which makes it harder. I have definitely fallen for a few myself.

I really liked Bridgestone’s massive team store and I felt like the concessions area was a little better laid out. I dislike the tiny team store we have to cram into. Also with the stairs layouts I feel there is a ton of wasted space in pnc.

Reactions: skipnjump and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad