Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 - Canes vs Preds

How does the series go?

• Total voters

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I AM SAVING THIS HERE FOR POSTERIORITY IN CASE SOMEONE ON THE MAIN BOARDS GETS TOUCHY.
Ratsreign: The only SCF matchup that might even top that level of histrionics would be Panthers vs Coyotes. People would lose their minds lol.
ME:
The headlines: With the Maple Leafs losing in the first round yet again and the Stanley Cup Final 2030 ending up as a matchup between Coyotes and Panthers, the populace of Toronto has finally snapped and the city was set ablaze by an angry mob. The resulting loss of central government led to a surge in support of Quebec's separatist movement. The young Quebec republic has to defend itself early on as the rowdy people of Newfoundland and Labrador refuse to be locked away from the rest of Canada. Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island soon follow.
Manitoba closes the border while making a pact with Saskatchewan. British Columbia starts talks with the representatives of Alberta. They come to the conclusion that they can maintain peace if the three NHL fanbases of West Canada spread their hate equally. Eventually, they are joined with The Dominion of Manitoba and Saskatchewan, because the tide of refugees from the Ontario warzone is beyond control and Albertans worry they are next if the flood is not stopped at the Manitoba border it won't stop until they reach the Pacific coast.

Meanwhile the mooses of Yukon, NW territories are just chilling, very much like the People of Nunavut.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I can’t go to the first two games but I wonder if it might be cheaper just to buy the STM strip today rather than get scalped tickets on Seatgeek to Game 5

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
And the 300 level are just being held out of the full round strip sale. There will likely be plenty of those being sold directly on Ticketmaster for each individual game.
I didn’t know that. A lot more tickets available to the general public than I expected

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Flattering...but hope the boys are still taking it one game at time and tuning out the predictions.

Yes.

As stated earlier, this isn't going to be a walk in the park. I'm confident in our boys but I also know this is the Stanley Cup Playoffs and anything can happen and shit needs to be won on the ice and not on paper.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I've seen some on stubhub, too. Not incredibly surprised -- ticket hustlers / scalpers always find a way lol.
I originally bought 300 level tickets but my group really wanted lower level so we purchased another 4 down low yesterday. Went to sell my tickets back through the Canes system and their suggested price that it defaults to is $400 per strip ($100 per ticket per game). If you are wondering why the tickets are marked up like they are, it's because TM is essentially forcing it.

Thing is I have no idea how many are also listed right now as the 300 level was intentionally held out of yesterday's sale, so I can't compare my listing to others. If they don't sell right away I'll readjust the price later this afternoon to hopefully ensure someone gets in.

If any of the regulars here wants in, hit me up, and I might be able to make something work.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I originally bought 300 level tickets but my group really wanted lower level so we purchased another 4 down low yesterday. Went to sell my tickets back through the Canes system and their suggested price that it defaults to is $400 per strip ($100 per ticket per game). If you are wondering why the tickets are marked up like they are, it's because TM is essentially forcing it.

Thing is I have no idea how many are also listed right now as the 300 level was intentionally held out of yesterday's sale, so I can't compare my listing to others. If they don't sell right away I'll readjust the price later this afternoon to hopefully ensure someone gets in.

If any of the regulars here wants in, hit me up, and I might be able to make something work.

to be clear I’m not referring to fans like you AT ALL.

There are people who make a business out of hoarding tickets and reselling. Real canes fans selling for various reasons are a totally different matter.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad