WC: Roster Talk '11 – Czech Republic

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
Update: Havlat and Zidlicky will join the team (they were injured in the end of season but they should be OK for WCH) :handclap:

Filip Kuba won't.

Link: http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej...a-zprava-havlat-a-zidlicky-pojedou-na-ms.html

Confirmed NHL players:

Tomáš Vokoun (Florida), Ondřej Pavelec (Atlanta)
Radek Martínek (NY Islanders), Marek Židlický (Minnesota)
Patrik Eliáš (New Jersey), Martin Havlát (Minnesota), Milan Michálek (Ottawa), Jakub Voráček (Columbus)

Ahh, didn't realize Hemsky was injured. Now that I think about it I remember seeing the highlights.

Sucks that Sobotka isn't there. The guy is quickly becoming one of the best energy, bottom 6 players in the NHL. He should definately be on this team, especially if the Czech's are looking to repeat.

About Sobotka.. He is one of my favourite players so really sucks that he isn't there :(

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Good news about Havlat and Zidlicky, that makes us much better.

Ahh, didn't realize Hemsky was injured. Now that I think about it I remember seeing the highlights.

Sucks that Sobotka isn't there. The guy is quickly becoming one of the best energy, bottom 6 players in the NHL. He should definately be on this team, especially if the Czech's are looking to repeat.

Agreed. Sobotoka is the only issue I have with this team so far. I don't get why he didn't get invitation.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
could not agree with you more... I don´t get it too.. without a doubt Sobotka definitely should be there

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
In the absence of Vasicek, Sobotka for sure. We don't have many centres to be able to ignore guys like Sobotka. But isn't Hadamczik perhaps relying on the services of Radek Dvorak to play centre? (eventhough he is a RW).

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Elias played center in the past. Don't know if he has for the NT team before.

Then you have Cervenka, Novotny, Vampola. Rolinek has played center for Magnitogorsk. Not too bad.

No Vasicek, Marek, Cajanek, Hlinka this year?

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
No Vasicek, Marek, Cajanek, Hlinka this year?

Vasicek - injured
Cajanek - I think he wasn't invited
Hlinka - invited to the camp but he didn't join the team because there was no warranty to make the final roster

Marek - still in KHL play-off's final

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Speaking about forwards, right now I expect these 10 guys making the final roster:

Cervenka
Elias
Havlat
Jagr
Marek
Michalek
Prucha
Rolinek
Ruzicka
Voracek

Last 3 spots I would fill in with
1) Plekanec, Krejci etc. after the first round of SC
2) or with some KHLers (Novotny, Klepis, Vampola, Bulis...), possibly Radek Dvorak

That's current situation IMO

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Speaking about forwards, right now I expect these 10 guys making the final roster:

Cervenka
Elias
Havlat
Jagr
Marek
Michalek
Prucha
Rolinek
Ruzicka
Voracek

Last 3 spots I would fill in with
1) Plekanec, Krejci etc. after the first round of SC
2) or with some KHLers (Novotny, Klepis, Vampola, Bulis...), possibly Radek Dvorak

That's current situation IMO

Yes i agree with you in all this.
One spot for Plekanec or Krejci (plus maybe Vrbata, Hanzal ?).
I really liked Koukal´s performance last year in WCH and also this year in EHT tournaments. I think Petruzalek should get some attention too.
And I am curious what Kveton will show (I assume he will be invited to the camp).

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Yes i agree with you in all this.
One spot for Plekanec or Krejci (plus maybe Vrbata, Hanzal ?).
I really liked Koukal´s performance last year in WCH and also this year in EHT tournaments. I think Petruzalek should get some attention too.
And I am curious what Kveton will show (I assume he will be invited to the camp).

I completely agree about Koukal, he's got a shot at making the team too. Like his game a lot. I've got no info about Petruzalek. Kveton has something in him, but there is no room for him this time. I see him next season in EHT, but he needs to start to play hard in regular season too, not only in playoffs.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hadamczik invited some new players to the camp after the Extraliga finals. Klimek and Vrána will play against Switzerland, while Krajíček and Růžička will join on Monday. I guess he will release some players right after weekend games, because there are just too many of them right now.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Well, i don't know why he is so nervous about new contract, i'm pretty sure he will get a plenty of offers (i think Tampa could be great fit for him), but i'm happy for Pavelec. He deserves it.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
results with SUI

04.15. 2011: CZE-SUI 1-0 (Novotný)
04.16. 2011: CZE-SUI 2-3 (Jánský, Vrána)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
changes before Czech Hockey Games

- Ptáček, Roth, Sičák
- Dlouhý, GulaÅ¡, Klimek, Pospíšil, Ivan Rachůnek, Svoboda

+ Pavelec
+ BlaťÃ¡k, Martínek
+ Havlát, Jágr, KlepiÅ¡, Marek, Milan Michálek, Voráček

Eliáš and Židlický will join the team before the last preaparation game vs. Canada. Some more cuts may happen later.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Havlát was skating today in Hokejová hala mládeže a dětí, it was fun to watch him :)

Anyway Jágr is gonna play only two games in Brno (vs. Finland and Russia).

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
BlaťÃ¡k is going to absent, needs to heal his knee. This one is uneasy loss.

samuraifailure

Mar 27, 2011
If Coyotes lose tonight, you think Rozsisval, Klesla, Vrbata and Hanzal have room in your roster? I'd love to see those last two especially if it so that Phoenix can't get it together.

e:
Definitely we need now to add some NHL dman after the first round of SC to fully replace BlaťÃ¡k. Otherwise this could harm our defense.

Haha, I guess this answers my question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad