WC: Roster Talk '11 – Czech Republic

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Why is Smid unlikely?

The Czech team is looking like it could repeat with all the NHLers that are coming.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Why is Smid unlikely?

The Czech team is looking like it could repeat with all the NHLers that are coming.

He had also some health problems as well as Zidlicky and Havlat. Not sure about his current situation.

I think this is probably the worst case scenario of our D, everything more is bonus for me:

Blatak
Caslava
Martinek
Nemec
Polak
Rachunek
Skoula

possible additions: Hejda, Kuba, Smid, Zidlicky

HumanCheatCode

Jan 15, 2010
Edmonton
I'd be very surprised if Smid doesn't go. He wouldn't be playing for the Oilers right now if he had any health problems, what would be the point? He was very solid in the last 2 games against Vancouver and was even laughing after getting hip-checked and dumped to the ice.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I'd be very surprised if Smid doesn't go. He wouldn't be playing for the Oilers right now if he had any health problems, what would be the point? He was very solid in the last 2 games against Vancouver and was even laughing after getting hip-checked and dumped to the ice.

Thx. I think the question mark about him was if the Oilers will let him go or not. If that is no problem, then he is going to be invited.

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
Thx. I think the question mark about him was if the Oilers will let him go or not. If that is no problem, then he is going to be invited.

The only possible health issues I can think of is the surgery he had on his neck last off-season, which has taken him quite a long time to recover from fully (and maybe he still hasn't) but yeah, considering he played the entire season, it's not like he's at risk of hurting it, I wouldn't think.

The Oilers have always been supportive of their players participating in the world championship, so unless he has some other issue (which he could) I don't see why they would say no.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Nor-cze

It's a little bit late, but I found these vids of games in Norway:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He had also some health problems as well as Zidlicky and Havlat. Not sure about his current situation.

I think this is probably the worst case scenario of our D, everything more is bonus for me:

Blatak
Caslava
Martinek
Nemec
Polak
Rachunek
Skoula

I thought Hedja and Voracek both said they'd be playing?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
games in Belarus

Team played there without Hubáček, Němec and Novotný because of limited space on the roster.

04.08. 2011: BLR-CZE 3-2 SO (Červenka, Průcha)
04.09. 2011: BLR-CZE 2-3 (Červenka, Průcha, Å koula)

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
So I seem to remember Prucha declining an invite a couple years ago when he didn't have an NHL contract, and then he and another guy (I want to say Vrbata?) were left off the list of players who were possibilities for the Olympic team, presumably as "punishment". Have they kissed and made up or are there different people picking the team (I assume not, since you won last year) or am I just blowing all of this out of proportion? :)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
changes in the camp for the next week

- Pech, Å tich, Vantuch
+ Karel Rachůnek, Rolinek

So I seem to remember Prucha declining an invite a couple years ago when he didn't have an NHL contract, and then he and another guy (I want to say Vrbata?) were left off the list of players who were possibilities for the Olympic team, presumably as "punishment". Have they kissed and made up or are there different people picking the team (I assume not, since you won last year) or am I just blowing all of this out of proportion? :)

Yes, they are completely different now. Maybe they would come back even if those people were same, but who knows.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
If Detroit get's eliminated in the first round, will Hudler and Kindl be invited to join the team? Just wondering because as far as I can remember, Hudler wasn't on the Olympic or WC team last year and Kindl hasn't played since his final year of junior.

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
If Detroit get's eliminated in the first round, will Hudler and Kindl be invited to join the team? Just wondering because as far as I can remember, Hudler wasn't on the Olympic or WC team last year and Kindl hasn't played since his final year of junior.

I doubt they get eliminated but yeah I think they would both be invited and both accept imo.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I doubt they get eliminated but yeah I think they would both be invited and both accept imo.

I don't believe Kindl would be invited if all those 5 NHL dmen I mentioned above (not Kuba) are available. Rachunek and Blatak of KHL are better than Kindl and Hadamczik won't do such experiment. Hudler is different story and I think he would be invited too.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere

Kindl - no, I think we have a lot of better defense players in Europe, he's got not enough of experiences

Hudler - it depends on many factors... Last year he played a lot of games in EHC, but didn't make Olympic team, he was very disappointed and rejected World Championship. We have new coach now, so there shouldn't be a problem. I like Hudler and I would like to see him on the team but in this season he wasn't so good :(

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE

Blatak
Caslava
Martinek
Nemec
Polak
Rachunek
Skoula

Hahah, no he didn't. He's been healthy for the entire second half of the season.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Anyone have a full list of accepted and declined players?

The only declined players are Polak and Smid so far (they both do have some health problems).

100% accepted are Vokoun, Pavelec, Martinek, Voracek, Elias, Michalek M.

Likely to come are Zidlicky, Havlat, Dvorak, Hejda... there is still some 100% confirmation missing from these.

Plekanec also said he would come if Habs don't make it to the second round. That's all info that is currently known about NHL players.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
The only declined players are Polak and Smid so far (they both do have some health problems).

100% accepted are Vokoun, Pavelec, Martinek, Voracek, Elias, Michalek M.

Likely to come are Zidlicky, Havlat, Dvorak, Hejda... there is still some 100% confirmation missing from these.

Plekanec also said he would come if Habs don't make it to the second round. That's all info that is currently known about NHL players.

That's a good group of guys. Any word on Hejduk, Hemsky, Sobotka or Repik? Hejduk and Hemsky would really help the top 6 while Sobotka would be a great 4th line/energy guy.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
That's a good group of guys. Any word on Hejduk, Hemsky, Sobotka or Repik? Hejduk and Hemsky would really help the top 6 while Sobotka would be a great 4th line/energy guy.

Hemsky - out (injured)
Hejduk - probably out (knees problems)
Repik - not good enough yet
Sobotka - unfortunately, our coach doesn't want him :shakehead

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Hemsky - out (injured)
Hejduk - probably out (knees problems)
Repik - not good enough yet
Sobotka - unfortunately, our coach doesn't want him :shakehead

Ahh, didn't realize Hemsky was injured. Now that I think about it I remember seeing the highlights.

Sucks that Sobotka isn't there. The guy is quickly becoming one of the best energy, bottom 6 players in the NHL. He should definately be on this team, especially if the Czech's are looking to repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad