WC: Roster Talk '11 – Czech Republic

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
If Coyotes lose tonight, you think Rozsisval, Klesla, Vrbata and Hanzal have room in your roster? I'd love to see those last two especially if it so that Phoenix can't get it together.

Rozsíval, I think yes, he was our best defenceman last year. The others I'm not really sure about. It's been long time since Klesla played for the CZE but Hadamczik surely knows him much better than I do. Vrbata probably wouldn't have a place on the first two lines where he's most effective. Hanzal is an interesting young player. Would he be good enough on the bigger ice though? Glad I'm not the coach.

Hadamczik would definitely be interested in Kaberle and Krejčí if the Bruins were to lose. The same can be said about Michálek from Pittsburgh.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Rozsíval, I think yes, he was our best defenceman last year. The others I'm not really sure about. It's been long time since Klesla played for the CZE but Hadamczik surely knows him much better than I do. Vrbata probably wouldn't have a place on the first two lines where he's most effective. Hanzal is an interesting young player. Would he be good enough on the bigger ice though? Glad I'm not the coach.

Hadamczik would definitely be interested in Kaberle and Krejčí if the Bruins were to lose. The same can be said about Michálek from Pittsburgh.

Not sure, but I think Hadamczik mentioned somewhere Vrbata too, so he'd be probably invited. I think all of them should be considered. We'll see that happens.

Btw. Kvapil is out as well, got injured during SUI games. Not a big loss though, wish him quick recovery.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Why wouldn't all the Czech Coyotes be there? Klesla, Hanzal and Vrbata should all definately be on that team. Especially Hanzal, that kid has become a phenominal third line center who can really do anything our there. The team would definately be better with these guys. I think they should all be there.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
my team with players from BOS (i know it's still only 2:1 for MTL :) ) and PHO
¨
Pavelec
Å těpánek
Kovář

Rachůnek-Kaberle
Martínek-Židlický
Škoula-Rozsíval
Čáslava

Michálek-Eliáš-Havlát,
Voráček-Červenka-Jágr
Marek-Krejčí-Průcha
Rolinek-Hanzal-Vrbata
Růžička

that's 23 players ..... + I'd add only Plekanec after preleiminary round (depends on MTL in SC ofc)

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
my team with players from BOS (i know it's still only 2:1 for MTL :) ) and PHO
¨
Pavelec
Å těpánek
Kovář

Rachůnek-Kaberle
Martínek-Židlický
Škoula-Rozsíval
Čáslava

Michálek-Eliáš-Havlát,
Voráček-Červenka-Jágr
Marek-Krejčí-Průcha
Rolinek-Hanzal-Vrbata
Růžička

that's 23 players ..... + I'd add only Plekanec after preleiminary round (depends on MTL in SC ofc)

With that line up I'd put:

Pavelec
Stepanek
Kovar

Zidlicky-Martinek
Kaberle-Roszival
Skoula-Rachunek

Michalek-Krejci-Havlat
Voracek-Cervenka-Jagr
Marek-Elias-Vrbata
Rolinek-Hanzal-Prucha

I love the Jagr line you put together. Who better to have playing with the top Czech player under 22 (Voracek) than the best forward to ever come out of the Czech Republic? Maybe he could learn a few things and gain some inspiration.

I put Krejci on the first line because right now he's much more of a top line center than Elias. He's a great playmaking center and still has a ton of potential. That's not meant to put down Elias by any means, but I think at this point he's best suited to a 3rd line role rather than playing on the top line. However playing with Marek and Vrbata will still make that line a threat to score, but they'll also be strong in both ends.

I think Hanzal is one of the best bottom 6, young players in the NHL today. He has the entire package and would be great for the Czech PK and in shutting down the opposition's top players. After watching him shut down guys like Thornton, Heatley, Gaborik and Zetterberg, it's clear that he'd be a great addition to the team. I think Sobotka should be there as well as an energy/4th line player, but clearly the coach (is it still Ruzicka?) doesn't feel the same way.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I think Sobotka should be there as well as an energy/4th line player, but clearly the coach (is it still Ruzicka?) doesn't feel the same way.

no, it's Alois Hadamczik ... lets say average coach

Martin Ruzicka will probably get the 13th spot as a reward for his phenomenal season and especialy PLF ... he set some new PLF records (33pts in 18matches etc.) stats .. but of course Sobotka would be nice player to watch in this team

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
With that line up I'd put:

Pavelec
Stepanek
Kovar

Zidlicky-Martinek
Kaberle-Roszival
Skoula-Rachunek

Michalek-Krejci-Havlat
Voracek-Cervenka-Jagr
Marek-Elias-Vrbata
Rolinek-Hanzal-Prucha

I love the Jagr line you put together. Who better to have playing with the top Czech player under 22 (Voracek) than the best forward to ever come out of the Czech Republic? Maybe he could learn a few things and gain some inspiration.

I put Krejci on the first line because right now he's much more of a top line center than Elias. He's a great playmaking center and still has a ton of potential. That's not meant to put down Elias by any means, but I think at this point he's best suited to a 3rd line role rather than playing on the top line. However playing with Marek and Vrbata will still make that line a threat to score, but they'll also be strong in both ends.

I think Hanzal is one of the best bottom 6, young players in the NHL today. He has the entire package and would be great for the Czech PK and in shutting down the opposition's top players. After watching him shut down guys like Thornton, Heatley, Gaborik and Zetterberg, it's clear that he'd be a great addition to the team. I think Sobotka should be there as well as an energy/4th line player, but clearly the coach (is it still Ruzicka?) doesn't feel the same way.

I like this a lot. Though I've got a feeling that Hadamczik will screw the lines up somehow. He better proves me wrong.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
The czech team looks pretty good, I like this version of the WC. All the big countries except USA has put together quite interesting rosters. On paper this czech team is one of the better, perhaps the third best team after Canada and Russia?

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
I would like to see Sobotka and others... but Hadamczik decided to not to take them so I would be at least happy if I could see these lines :

Pavelec (Å těpánek)

Å koula - Rachůnek
Klesla - Rozsíval
Čáslava - Židlický
Krajíček - Martínek

(Mojžíš/Nakládal)

Klepiš - Vampola - Jágr
Havlát - Eliáš - Michálek
Voráček - Hanzal(/Marek) - Průcha
Koukal - Novotný - Hubáček

(Červenka/Růžička)

If Hanzal couldn't come I would take Marek instead of him and Červenka as 13th guy. Vondrka in 4th line would make much more sense than Koukal, but he is more useful for face-offs and PK.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
I would like to see Sobotka and others... but Hadamczik decided to not to take them so I would be at least happy if I could see these lines :

Pavelec (Štěpánek)

Škoula - Rachůnek
Klesla - Rozsíval
Čáslava - Židlický
Krajíček - Martínek

(MojžÃ­š/Nakládal)

Klepiš - Vampola - Jágr
Havlát - Eliáš - Michálek
Voráček - Hanzal(/Marek) - Průcha
Koukal - Novotný - Hubáček

(Červenka/Růžička)

If Hanzal couldn't come I would take Marek instead of him and Červenka as 13th guy. Vondrka in 4th line would make much more sense than Koukal, but he is more useful for face-offs and PK.

You're not a big fan of Červenka, right? Neither am I, but face it, there's now way Hadamczik moves him out of the Jágr's line. I see no point in doing so either since they've developed a pretty good chemistry in Omsk (probably the best line in the second half of the last KHL season).

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
You're not a big fan of Červenka, right? Neither am I, but face it, there's now way Hadamczik moves him out of the Jágr's line. I see no point in doing so either since they've developed a pretty good chemistry in Omsk (probably the best line in the second half of the last KHL season).

I can admit that - I'm not, but Vampola played much better games on international level with Jágr than Červenka. Jágr needs to keep the puck and making plays for teammates, he needs guys which will go to the net and which will play D for him and that's not role for Červenka. I can see him battling for space in 3rd line with Marek/Hanzal, but not in first. Let's face it - he didn't do anything in the last WC in line with Jágr.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I don't believe Červenka and Jágr will be splitted. But personally I wouldn't put them on the first line, that's not gonna work. Second line would be perfect for them IMO.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Hanzal and Rozsíval are 100% out. They both had some health problem during the playoffs. Klesla and Vrbata will be decided soon. I hope they both come, especially we need some D-man!!

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Hanzal and Rozsíval are 100% out. They both had some health problem during the playoffs. Klesla and Vrbata will be decided soon. I hope they both come, especially we need some D-man!!

Vrbata and Klesla are out too.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Vrbata and Klesla are out too.

It's very unfortunate. Now Prospal and Kubina look like they could be next possibilities. I know Kubina said he reitres from NT after Olympics, but I wouldn't mind if Hadamczik called him again and asked once more.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Ouch, all 4 Coyotes are out, eh?

That's quite a loss. You guys will still have a chance with either Kaberle, Krejci or Plekanec, Spacek, Hamerlik, Kubina, Prospal, Frolik and Erat. I still have no idea why Sobotka wasn't invited, but it's good to see some NHLers confirmed.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

That's quite a loss. You guys will still have a chance with either Kaberle, Krejci or Plekanec, Spacek, Hamerlik, Kubina, Prospal, Frolik and Erat. I still have no idea why Sobotka wasn't invited, but it's good to see some NHLers confirmed.

It is, but I'm not extremely worried. The team is pretty ok already and is going to be be competitive, so every new reinforcement would be just nice bonus.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Why don't you guys like Cervenka? He always impresses me when the Czech Republic plays against Sweden.

He's got a lot of haters, don't know why. Personally I've got mixed feelings about him at times. But he looks ok currently, so I hope he keeps that up.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Why don't you guys like Cervenka? He always impresses me when the Czech Republic plays against Sweden.

Why some guys don't like Crosby or Ovechkin?

Personally, I think he is a good player, but not in the international level. When it comes down to it, Červenka can’t be counted on as a top-six producer and I believe Czech coaches have better options for bottom six.

I know he did great in Czech league, but that’s not very good league, he was great in regular season in KHL, but not that good in play-off.

Červenka is quite skilled and can score, but I don’t believe he would be a contributor in NHL.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005

I don't think Å paček, Hamrlík, Kubina, Prospal or Erat (injured) will join the team because of their age/injury. Frolík didn't have very good season so I believe Hadamczik will likely give chance to guys from european leagues.

Well, some coaches have "their favourite" guys and I think Sobotka wasn't one of them. Vrána or Hubáček are coaches horses, he knows them from the past...

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close

I don't think you find a lot of Canadians who dislike Crosby or Russians who dislike Ovechkin ;) Cervenka is obviously not on that level though.

Personally, I think he is a good player, but not in the international level. When it comes down to it, Červenka can’t be counted on as a top-six producer and I believe Czech coaches have better options for bottom six.

I know he did great in Czech league, but that’s not very good league, he was great in regular season in KHL, but not that good in play-off.

Červenka is quite skilled and can score, but I don’t believe he would be a contributor in NHL.

Fair enough. I obviously don't watch him as closely or often as you guys. I was just surprised as I have been impressed with him before although that has mostly been at the EHT level.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

This is based on what? I don't know many Czech players, who where leaders of NT in the age of 25. If you expected something more from him, then you expected too much. In a few years or even this year he could be great.

How does that matter here?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2