Milan Michálek
Jiří Novotný
Tomáš Plekanec
Petr Průcha
Tomáš Rolinek C
Petr Vampola
Jakub Voráček

Euro Hockey Challenge
04.01. 2011: NOR-CZE 1-2 (I. Rachůnek, Štich)
04.02. 2011: NOR-CZE 1-2 (Kvapil, Štich)
04.08. 2011: BLR-CZE 3-2 SO (Červenka, Průcha)
04.09. 2011: BLR-CZE 2-3 (Červenka, Průcha, Škoula)
04.15. 2011: CZE-SUI 1-0 (Novotný)
04.16. 2011: CZE-SUI 2-3 (Jánský, Vrána)

04.21.-04.24. 2011: Czech Hockey Games (Brno, Czech Republic)
04.21. 2011: CZE-FIN 2-1 (Červenka, Rolinek)
04.23. 2011: CZE-RUS 6-3 (Červenka, Jágr, Martínek 2x, Novotný, Voráček)
04.24. 2011: CZE-SWE 2-4 (Jágr, Krajíček)

(Prague, Czech Republic)
04.27. 2011: CZE-CAN 2-4 (Havlát 2x)

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Nomination for the first camp was released. There isn't Kašpar there, who is injured atm and Jan Kovář, who's loaned to Usti nad Labem playing 1. liga finals.

EDIT: Kreps and Lukeš were ill. So they invited Dlouhý and Mertl instead of them.

EDIT2: Vantuch in. Tenkrát out (don't know why, probably declined).

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Changes in the camp after the first week

- Jánský
+ Červenka, Hlinka, Koukal, Nakládal, Průcha, Å koula, Å těpánek

They will be releasing some players home during the week.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
what nhlers do you expect to be on the team.

I'd like to see these players on Czech team:
Patrik Elias (New Jersey)
Martin Havlat (Minnesota)
Jakub Voracek (Columbus)
Milan Michalek (Ottawa)
Vladimir Sobotka (St. Louis)
Radek Dvorak (Atlanta)
Milan Hejduk (Colorado)

Marek Zidlicky (Minnesota)
Filip Kuba (Ottawa)
Radek Martinek (NYI)
Ladislav Smid (Edmonton)
Jan Hejda (Columbus)
Roman Polak (St. Louis)

Tomas Vokoun (Florida)
Ondrej Pavelec (Atlanta)

Sobotka, Michalek, Zidlicky, Kuba, Martinek were injured recently, so I'm not sure they would be able to go.

Our head coach announced he'd like to take Dvorak, that's a little surprise. Milan Hejduk is questionable, because he's got problems with his knee and I think, he won't go.

Ales Hemsky and Tomas Fleischmann are probably out of season.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
news

Linhart was released home today.

And here is roster for games in Norway:
Kovář
Pöpperle

Čáslava
Derner
MojžÃ­š
Nakládal
Němec
Ptáček
Sičák
Štich

Dlouhý
Gulaš
Hubáček
Koukal
Kvapil
Mertl
Novotný
Pech
Průcha
Rachůnek
Straka
Šimánek
Vantuch

EDIT: Jaroslav Hlinka won't be on the team as well. He was not willing to spend so much time in the camp without guarateed WC spot.

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm loving the current form of Martin Růžička in the playoffs: 25 points in 12 games (14 +11). Would be great if he translated this to the international level at some point in the future. Maybe Hadamczik can give him more ice-time....

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I'm loving the current form of Martin Růžička in the playoffs: 25 points in 12 games (14 +11). Would be great if he translated this to the international level at some point in the future. Maybe Hadamczik can give him more ice-time....

He needs to go at Worlds, there is no question about that. Interesting you mentioned ice time... I didn't really think about giving him top 6 role despite of his current form, but it could be interesting. Probably they will try it in some preparation games. But still I don't think he'll be higher than 3rd-4th line at the end of the camp. It would probably work well on top 6 lets say 10 years ago, but the opponents are stronger these days, so Extraliga players probably won't be leaders of the team anymore.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Any chances Jakub Petruzalek would be considered for Czech team? He has been on fire recently, being the leading scorer in finnish SM-Liiga playoffs with 8gp, 6g+5a=11pts at the moment.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Any chances Jakub Petruzalek would be considered for Czech team? He has been on fire recently, being the leading scorer in finnish SM-Liiga playoffs with 8gp, 6g+5a=11pts at the moment.
I don't know. Not a word about him so far...
Why is Jagr missing? I thought he was one of the best players last WC.
He's going to join the team later. Probably just before Czech hockey games.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
games in Norway

04.01. 2011: NOR-CZE 1-2 (I. Rachůnek, Å tich)
04.02. 2011: NOR-CZE 1-2 (Kvapil, Å tich)

The camp will continue next week, but Lukáš Derner won't come back, because he suffered shoulder injury in the second game.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
all changes for the next week

- Lukáš Derner, Tomáš Mertl, Josef Straka, Jiří Å imánek
+ Tomáš Pospíšil, Vladimír Roth, Tomáš Svoboda, Petr Vampola, Michal Vondrka

I hoped he invites Roth to the camp, well done Alois :handclap: The same about Å tich, who started very well in his first NT games.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
If all the NHLers go then Czech should be the favorites imo since the Americans and Canadians usually don't have strong teams.

Thing is, most of the Nhlers probably won't make it, and if they do, then you're forgetting that Sweden, Russia and Finland always ice very good teams that normally beat us.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Thing is, most of the Nhlers probably won't make it, and if they do, then you're forgetting that Sweden, Russia and Finland always ice very good teams that normally beat us.

There will be more NHLers than last year, which makes Czech team co-favourite no matter what other teams have. You can't be not-contender when you are defending champion.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Goaltender Tomáš Pöpperle left the camp this week as well.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
There will be more NHLers than last year, which makes Czech team co-favourite no matter what other teams have.

Co-favourite along with who?

You can't be not-contender when you are defending champion.

Well, that depends. You could turn up with an amazing squad for one year and win the WC. Then the next year, most of the great players excuse themselves (for whatever reason) and you end up with a C-team. Most of the other countries have a better squad than you, so that means you aren't a contender to win the title. Just because you are the defending champion, doesn't necessarily mean you are a contender for the WC title. I think most people in the czech republic would admit that last years WC title came with quite a bit of luck and they don't expect us to win the title this year, meaning that we aren't contenders for it.

Although I agree with you, there will probably be more NHLers this year. Having said that, I don't really expect us to get past the quarterfinal (I guess it depends on who we get, but even so....) but I would like to be wrong of course :)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Co-favourite along with who?

Well, that depends. You could turn up with an amazing squad for one year and win the WC. Then the next year, most of the great players excuse themselves (for whatever reason) and you end up with a C-team. Most of the other countries have a better squad than you, so that means you aren't a contender to win the title. Just because you are the defending champion, doesn't necessarily mean you are a contender for the WC title. I think most people in the czech republic would admit that last years WC title came with quite a bit of luck and they don't expect us to win the title this year, meaning that we aren't contenders for it.

Although I agree with you, there will probably be more NHLers this year. Having said that, I don't really expect us to get past the quarterfinal (I guess it depends on who we get, but even so....) but I would like to be wrong of course :)

Canada, Sweden, Russia? Probably.

All I wanted to say is that I feel the team of defending champion needs to go and say they are going to hold their position from the last year (no matter how it was achieved - with luck or not). Everything else looks like some misbehaviour to me.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Canada, Sweden, Russia? Probably.

All I wanted to say is that I feel the team of defending champion needs to go and say they are going to hold their position from the last year (no matter how it was achieved - with luck or not). Everything else looks like some misbehaviour to me.

Yeah agreed on that. I hope also that some of our young guys will get a shot at making the team (Kovar, Stich but probably not Kana-Hadamczik doesn't seem interested in him).

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
I would like to see something like this:

Milan Michalek - Roman Cervenka - Jaromir Jagr
Petr Prucha/Martin Ruzicka - Patrik Elias - Martin Havlat
Lukas Kaspar - Josef Vasicek - Jakub Voracek
Tomas Rolinek - Vladimir Sobotka/Jan Marek - Radek Dvorak

Marek Zidlicky - Roman Polak
Ladislav Smid - Radek Martinek
Miroslav Blatak - Jan Hejda/Ondrej Nemec

Tomas Vokoun - Ondrej Pavelec - Alexander Salak

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I would like to see something like this:

Milan Michalek - Roman Cervenka - Jaromir Jagr
Petr Prucha/Martin Ruzicka - Patrik Elias - Martin Havlat
Lukas Kaspar - Josef Vasicek - Jakub Voracek
Tomas Rolinek - Vladimir Sobotka/Jan Marek - Radek Dvorak

Marek Zidlicky - Roman Polak
Ladislav Smid - Radek Martinek
Miroslav Blatak - Jan Hejda/Ondrej Nemec

Tomas Vokoun - Ondrej Pavelec - Alexander Salak

Smid is unlikely according to what I've read. And Karel Rachunek is almost a lock IMO. Salak is out of consideration as he has some shoulder problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad