WC: Roster Talk '11 – Czech Republic

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
This is based on what? I don't know many Czech players, who where leaders of NT in the age of 25. If you expected something more from him, then you expected too much. In a few years or even this year he could be great.

Maybe I expect too much from him, but coaches do exactly the same thing. True is that he is pushed into role, which he is not ready for. He is not ready to be top six guy in national team yet. He can lead team in EHT, but not in WC or OG.

How does that matter here?

It doesn't, it was just my opinion.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Fair enough. I obviously don't watch him as closely or often as you guys. I was just surprised as I have been impressed with him before although that has mostly been at the EHT level.

Well, EHT level is one thing, but playing first line against for example team Finland (which was under 25yrs in most of the tour) and playing first line against team Canada in WC is other thing.

I admire what he did in EHT and in regular season of KHL.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Head coach decided to invite also Martin Ševc of Färjestad and give him quick try out tonight against Sweden, because not all D-men are 100% ok right now.

He'll also call Prospal tonight to ask him about his participation.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Å evc was pretty good tonight, he made a lot of great decisions during the game. I really hope he will be in the WC.

Too bad Vrána is out, he was solid.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I hope that Růžička will make it through. What do you think about his chances guys?

Unfortunatelly Prospal is not coming.

I'd take him, but there is no room other than on the 4th line. He was ok there, so let be it and put him on PP if something doesn't work out.

my lines right now:

Michálek-Eliáš-Havlát
- Michálek was good in the last game, Havlát not so good, but I expect him to get better with better linemates and more of icetime. I think it could work.
Průcha-Červenka-Jágr
- this line was ok the whole CHG, no reason to change something.
Rolinek-Marek-Voráček
- this one is my favourite and I think it shoudn't be splitted without some really serious reason.
Novotný-Klepiš-Růžička
... 13th and 14th forward Koukal and Vampola.

I'd release Hubáček and Vondrka.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I'd take him, but there is no room other than on the 4th line. He was ok there, so let be it and put him on PP if something doesn't work out.

my lines right now:

Michálek-Eliáš-Havlát
- Michálek was good in the last game, Havlát not so good, but I expect him to get better with better linemates and more of icetime. I think it could work.
Průcha-Červenka-Jágr
- this line was ok the whole CHG, no reason to change something.
Rolinek-Marek-Voráček
- this one is my favourite and I think it shoudn't be splitted without some really serious reason.
Novotný-Klepiš-Růžička
... 13th and 14th forward Koukal and Vampola.

I'd release Hubáček and Vondrka.

Pretty good. I agree with all names except Klepiš. He was nothing special on Czech Hockey Games. I liked Vampola, Hubáček and Vondrka more. Especially Vondrka really surprised me. Too bad Koukal didn´t get more ice time. But this is going to be really close, those 5 players are equally good.
And don´t forget Plekanec/Krejčí.. I think they still have one spot reserved.
Since they are both centers I guess it would be something like this:

Eliáš- Krejčí/Plekanec - Havlát
Průcha - Červenka - Jágr
Rolinek - Marek - Voráček
Michálek - Novotný - Růžička

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Pretty good. I agree with all names except KlepiÅ¡. He was nothing special on Czech Hockey Games. I liked Vampola, Hubáček and Vondrka more. Especially Vondrka really surprised me.

So do I. I didnt expect anything from Vondrka and he played well. I am not a big fan of Klepiš, but I must admit that he always surprises me. He is good when he is "well used".

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I hope that rumoured lineup is just a joke, lol! Can somebody explain me what Hadamczik is trying to do with putting Havlat on the 4th line in the last game and possibly next game? If he's going to play him on the 4th line with Hubáček, it looks to me like he probably wants to discourage him from joining NT for the rest of his career :sarcasm:

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
I was very surprised too. I mean, Havlat isn't playing well in the national team for a while, but assigning him in fourth line? I would also try him with Elias and Michalek. He shloud at least try it against Canada. Sometimes Hadamczik decisions make me really confused.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I hope that rumoured lineup is just a joke, lol! Can somebody explain me what Hadamczik is trying to do with putting Havlat on the 4th line in the last game and possibly next game? If he's going to play him on the 4th line with Hubáček, it looks to me like he probably wants to discourage him from joining NT for the rest of his career :sarcasm:

Unfortunately it is not. But it is likely that he may put Elias and Havlat together during the course of the game. It is also possible that he is deliberately trying to piss Havlat off by putting him in line 4 and make him work really hard to show he deserves to be in line 1/2. In any case, if Hadamczik wants him in line 4 he may as well cut him from the roster because he is no use there at all. Which would be a shame, but I can understand that his patience is running out (even thought he's only played 2 games....)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Å evc is out as well. I think he was good though. Btw. Kovář, Nakládal and Frolík are going for their first WHC.

Shame about Ševc, I thought he was good too? Very surprised by Frolik, I would have taken Ruzicka. Nakládal is a solid D so no surprises there.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Just thinking about it, it could be quite nice to see Frolik and Voracek in one line together :) I seem to remember them playing well together in the U-20 WJC in 2008. But the Voracek-Marek-Rolinek line is good so no need to destroy it.

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
Å evc is out as well. I think he was good though. Btw. Kovář, Nakládal and Frolík are going for their first WHC.

I hope Nakládal will play top6 minutes, I liked him better than Krajicek or Skoula :nod: And I am surprised, Hadamczik has done a good job building this WC team. Hopefully Boston lose tonight. A) I dont like the Bruins, B) I doubt Hamrlik or Spacek would join the team.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I hope Nakládal will play top6 minutes, I liked him better than Krajicek or Skoula :nod: And I am surprised, Hadamczik has done a good job building this WC team. Hopefully Boston lose tonight. A) I dont like the Bruins, B) I doubt Hamrlik or Spacek would join the team.

He's done good job. I have him above Krajíček too right now. With 1 more center and Dman from Bos-Mtl series this team is pretty good.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
He's done good job. I have him above Krajíček too right now. With 1 more center and Dman from Bos-Mtl series this team is pretty good.

Well, I think neither Hamrlik nor Spacek would join the team, but who knows.
There is still possibility that Z.Michalek would come, isn´t it?

Anyway.. I really like this team.
Good decision about Ruzicka, he is not guy for 3. or 4. line. It was pretty surprise though.
I also like Frolik in the team. :handclap:

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanBeastmode

May 20, 2010
Ontario
z. michalek I think has to come for you guys.. you don't really have a legit top 4 guy(zidlicky maybe, but he's mostly a offensive guy with questionable d) Z. michalek+ Plekanec would solidify czech as one of the favorites for gold imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->