WC: Roster Talk '11 – Czech Republic

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Martin Straka had a deal with Hadamczik that he would go on the WCH :amazed:. Too bad he got injured. He´d play with Jagr in one line.

Wow, what a surprise. Too bad it is not going to happen. I would really like to see this duo on international tournament once again. Damn, it is a really big loss.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Well, that's not surprising with Alois... but why didn't he invite also Bonk and Varada then? :sarcasm: Seriusly, I'd hate to have Straka on the second line instead of Cervenka or some NHL forward.

Btw. Klepis is out due to injury.

Ok..I'm still positive that he was so close to enter the national team, not easy task for anyone.

Can you describe what kind of player are we getting?
He's usually described as hardworker. Not the biggest offensive threat, but he's useful. He can play well in all game situations I think.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Here is the Full Squad:

G:
Ondřej Pavelec (Atlanta Trashers/NHL),
Jakub Štěpánek (SKA Petrohrad/KHL),
Jakub Kovář (HC Mountfield)

D:
Radek Martínek (New York Islanders/NHL),
Zbyněk Michálek (Pittsburgh Penguins/NHL),
Marek Židlický (Minnesota Wild/NHL),
Karel Rachůnek (Jaroslavľ/KHL),
Petr Čáslava (CSKA Moskva/KHL),
Ondřej Němec (Čerepovec/KHL),
Martin Škoula (Avangard Omsk/KHL),
Lukáš Krajíček (Třinec),
Jakub Nakládal (Pardubice)

O:
Tomáš Plekanec (Montreal Canadiens/NHL),
Martin Havlát (Minnesota Wild/NHL),
Milan Michálek (Ottawa Senators/NHL),
Patrik Eliáš (New Jersey Devils/NHL),
Jakub Voráček (Columbus Blue Jackets/NHL),
Michael Frolík (Chicago Blackhawks/NHL),
Jaromír Jágr (Omsk/KHL),
Roman Červenka(Omsk/KHL)
Petr Vampola (Omsk/KHL),
Tomáš Rolinek (Magnitogorsk/KHL),
Jakub Klepiš (Ufa/KHL),
Jan Marek (Atlant Mytišči/KHL),
Petr Průcha (SKA Petrohrad/KHL),
Jiří Novotný (Astana/KHL),
Petr Hubáček (Brno),
Petr Koukal (Pardubice)

The Squad looks damn good :handclap:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Wow you guys are stacked! Looks like an olympic roster... Team finland will have a tough time competing for a medal with slovaks being stacked and now you guys.

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Really happy Plekanec is playing, makes the tournament more interesting. And you have a tremendous WC roster. Looking for big games by Pavelec too. Favourites IMO. In the group game Finland has no chance.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I don't see any other team with significantly better defense. Probably only Canada has better one right now.

agree ... ppl still think if the defender isn't from NHL isn't that good .. but especialy Rachunek and Caslava are world class ...

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
agree ... ppl still think if the defender isn't from NHL isn't that good .. but especialy Rachunek and Caslava are world class ...

Wow....Caslava world class?! Not sure about that. But I take your point that he is a solid D-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad