WC: Roster Talk '11 – Sweden

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm surprised that Silfverberg was put on the reserve list in the first place. Wasn't he one of the best players for Sweden in the exhibition games?

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I'm surprised that Silfverberg was put on the reserve list in the first place. Wasn't he one of the best players for Sweden in the exhibition games?

I can't say he dominated or anything but he showed that he could be a valuable player on the team and deserves a rosterspot. Compared to for example Mikael Backlund that played on the wing in theese games, Silfverberg played with a lot more energy and guts. He also made things happen by skating a lot, occasionaly crashing the net and winning battles on the boards. He is a good fourth liner on this team and could be even more than that if he started to shoot (and score) more.

On a sidenote looking through the team rosters right now, I don't think we are even a favourite to end top-4 anymore. If we survive the quarterfinals it should be considered a sucessful tournament.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Anybody know the pp lineups Team Sweden has played with? Or what to expect? Tre Kronor should have no problems winning the Group C.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Our options are slim right now. Goaltending is set. Defense is set. Up front it's either add Jämtin or Lander at home, or Harju, Ritola, Möller from the AHL. Any other options?

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Not a very good NHL-playoff for Sweden so far, if not even Hjalmarsson can't come, we're sort of screwed. Pretty much all the top nations are looking better. Our only chance is that our young guns have a really good tournament.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I would like to try Backlund at center, either on the 3rd or the 4th line. I think it could solve the troubles he seems to be having quite a bit.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not surprised. I don't mind Harju, if we had to get some players in a hurry, at least he has some experience from this tournament.

Wow Erixon over Rundblad? Is Rundblad still nursing injury?

Rundblad has looked tired and sloppy, I think the playoffs took the best of him. Just hasn't come up to level, even in offensive situations with Tre Kronor.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Not surprised. I don't mind Harju, if we had to get some players in a hurry, at least he has some experience from this tournament.

Rundblad has looked tired and sloppy, I think the playoffs took the best of him. Just hasn't come up to level, even in offensive situations with Tre Kronor.

I'd rather have Lander - he's younger and have more potential development in him.

Rundblad is always sloppy. Playing a high risk game as a defenceman never pans out.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
I still would have prefered Rundblad before Erixon. There was some moments there on the PP against the czechs that you could see that Rundblad and Robert Nilsson had really good chemistry.

In the SEL-playoffs he played PP with Lindström and Lehtonen that both had kind of low confidence/was playing hurt. If Mårts gave him lots of time in PP and some guy in great shape to play with I think he could have been pretty lethal in this WC for Sweden. Oh well just my two cents.

I certainly agree that he hasn't looked great though overall.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, but sloppy as in not delivering crisp passes, losing the puck while transporting it and such.

Lander would've been sweet but he's pretty much on par with Harju right now.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
I can't say he dominated or anything but he showed that he could be a valuable player on the team and deserves a rosterspot. Compared to for example Mikael Backlund that played on the wing in theese games, Silfverberg played with a lot more energy and guts. He also made things happen by skating a lot, occasionaly crashing the net and winning battles on the boards. He is a good fourth liner on this team and could be even more than that if he started to shoot (and score) more.

On a sidenote looking through the team rosters right now, I don't think we are even a favourite to end top-4 anymore. If we survive the quarterfinals it should be considered a sucessful tournament.

GER 1 - 0 RUS
just sayin:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad