WC: Roster Talk '11 – Sweden

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
And now MÃ¥rts has started a controversy by sticking to Ersberg, although Ersberg has been shaky and played like crap, while Fasth has been solid. Although it's understandable to play two goalies since it's back-to-back games, it's rather obvious Fasth should be playing the tougher opponent of the two, Canada.

I can understand the reasoning behind "play Fasth to secure the QF by beating Switzerland" though.

Why not scratch Ersberg and play Anders Nilsson?

First of all, Ersberg has played one single game. You don't ever judge a goaltender from one game, especially considering that he was a top goalie in KHL this season. It was a bad game top to bottom by the whole team. Secondly, Nilsson is not registered and would count towards the two player registrations we have left for NHL players.

There IS no controversy. It's a normal decision playing your backup once in back to back games. Fasth will play in the quarters no matter what Ersberg does tomorrow. Such a ridiculous discussion over nothing. IF he played tomorrow and we are to play for the gold, he would've played Sunday, Monday, Wednesday/Thursday, Friday and Sunday..

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson would be great. Franzén and Zetterberg has said no thanks allready I believe and I don't think Lidström is to keen on playing.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Kronwall would be great to have as well. This defense could definitely use an upgrade and he would be a welcome addition to the PP too.

Isn't there two spots remaining or am I doing it wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->