Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t think we make good trade partners with Tampa.

I am interested in a Ristolainen trade somewhere however.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
My guess is it ends up being something painful like Larsson+Ristolainen for Miller+Cernak

It’ll make us better next year, even if worse the rest of this season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If TB does that, Risto is the only RHD they have signed for next season. I doubt they give up Cernak in the deal.

So things off the table are every forward but Miller and every D ready for the league.

Like I said...not good trade partners.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m much more concerned with figuring out how to get several D out of here than I am adding to the forwards right now. I’m not going anywhere this year anyway. If we are stuck with the same logjam of crap on D and a coach who can’t tell who the bad ones are we aren’t going anywhere next year either.

Maybe they should’ve drafted some right?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe they should’ve drafted some right?

They have drafted them. They have drafted a ton of them. The ones they have playing are the problem. Risto getting run over is a problem. Drafted him.

And since we’re going to do this dance again... I WANTED MAKAR MOST IN THAT DRAFT. I KNEW THERE WAS ZERO CHANCE THEY WERE TAKING A RUSSIAN D AT 8 WHEN MURAY WAS HERE AND THUS DISMISSED IT OUT OF HAND AS ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION SHOULD HAVE. I CRIED WHEN WE WON THE LOTTERY TO GET DAHLIN.

this foolish narrative about what I clearly said is embarassing at this point.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Im sick of hearing this. He hasn’t shown much at all. He’s more likely to be Grigorenko at this point.
That's fine if that's how you view it but these kids are teenagers ir early 20's. Sometimes slow cooking your best talents is fine. There are outliers like McDavid and Eichel but even they could probably have used some lower level competition to work on their game.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
They have drafted them. They have drafted a ton of them. The ones they have playing are the problem. Risto getting run over is a problem. Drafted him.

And since we’re going to do this dance again... I WANTED MAKAR MOST IN THAT DRAFT. I KNEW THERE WAS ZERO CHANCE THEY WERE TAKING A RUSSIAN D AT 8 WHEN MURAY WAS HERE AND THUS DISMISSED IT OUT OF HAND AS ANYONE PAYING ATTENTION SHOULD HAVE. I CRIED WHEN WE WON THE LOTTERY TO GET DAHLIN.

You said no defenseman was worth the number eight overall pick. McAvoy, Sergachov, Chychrun all would make this blue line substantially better. My apologies if pointing that out rankles.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Two points here:

1.) Makar wasn't in the Nylander draft. Or are you specifically referring to 2017?

2.) You were 100% steadfast against ANY Dman in the first round in 2016. You railed on Chychrun most. He'd look REALLY good here right now.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I don’t think we make good trade partners with Tampa.

I am interested in a Ristolainen trade somewhere however.

To Minnesota for Zucker + Brodin (Buffalo adds)......

To Florida for Huberdeau.....

To Anaheim for Rakell......

To Kings for Toffoli (LA adds).....

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
My bigger concern is that we're going to trade Risto and give those 25 min a game to Bogo.

If we had anyone but Phil coaching, Dahlin would be playing 25 minutes a game over Risto now.

Why will Phil go to great lengths to avoid Dahlin on the PK? He even plays Hunwick over Dahlin on PK. Surely Dahlin is the better option

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
If we had anyone but Phil coaching, Dahlin would be playing 25 minutes a game over Risto now.

Why will Phil go to great lengths to avoid Dahlin on the PK? He even plays Hunwick over Dahlin on PK. Surely Dahlin is the better option
Because Dahlin shows frequent signs of being overwhelmed without adding PK time to his nightly minutes. There’s nothing wrong with bringing an 18yo D along relatively slowly.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Tried to come up with the most balanced d-pairings:
Dahlin-Bogo
McCabe-Montour
Pilut-Ristolainen

I think everyone in this d grup can improve at least a notch.

McCabe has been much better this year but I think he could get more engaged, he’s sort of a Sam light in the regard that I think he gives away the initiative to his partner when he is fully capable on his own.

Bogo improving? Yeah, with him embracing a certain role. Namely a clean up one.

Another thing: remember when we had the slowest d in the league? No more, even though we traded the fastest guy around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad