Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
And yet, here we are 74 games in the season, and we continue to have these issues. Just watch how many times guys go to the net from the other team, and how quickly they engage with these players and how often they attempt to move them. I don't doubt they have been taught this contrary to my statement, but they are just horrible at it and nothing is being corrected.
Right, but I'm not saying that Phil is successful at doing these things.

I'm saying that there are barrages of posts here that leave the plane of reality in attempt to make Phil look like a bumbling Pejorative Slur, and that this was an example of that - posters insinuating, based on that tweet alone, that Phil both doesn't have his players watch film and hasn't said anything about "clearing the front of the net" until now.

Reality is damning enough for Phil, we don't need to make stuff up because it was just tweeted about now.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
This team needs a savvy, veteran coach who has won a Cup(s) more than literally anything. They need someone to walk in, flash the ring(s), and declare that f*** around clown hour is over.

An X's and O's coach that actually puts his players in the best position to succeed and motivates this group to empty the tank every shift would do absolute wonders for this group.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This team needs a savvy, veteran coach who has won a Cup(s) more than literally anything. They need someone to walk in, flash the ring(s), and declare that **** around clown hour is over.

An X's and O's coach that actually puts his players in the best position to succeed and motivates this group to empty the tank every shift would do absolute wonders for this group.

Someone who can make a simple, structured breakout, solid d-zone plan and implement a powerplay is probably more important than the compeetz.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Carolina sent a 2nd & 3rd rounder to Chicago for Teravainen and to eat Bickell's deal. So I'd think it would cost more.

I'd hope for something to happen with Seattle's expansion draft as it doesn't look like we'll be getting a lockout & compliance buyouts this go around right now.

Also "Eat Bickell's Deal" would be a great band name.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
How do we make what happened with Berglund happen to Okposo...

Well, it starts with not playing Okposo. He might not like the idea of sitting in the press box for the next 5 years. I believe he could become a disability - permanent LTIR candidate given his medical history. He might be trying top play through symptoms.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I don't see how that gets it done considering the term left on his deal.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

I would guess the price that it take to package Okposo would be stiff. Given our lack of quality depth throughout the organization, we can't afford to lose any of our valuable assets.

F this team. It's been one organizational mistake after another, piling up on each other, compounding the issues.

giphy.gif

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Well, it starts with not playing Okposo. He might not like the idea of sitting in the press box for the next 5 years. I believe he could become a disability - permanent LTIR candidate given his medical history. He might be trying top play through symptoms.
Yeah, I think our best hope is a Clarkson/Horton situation. Every time Kyle gets hit (or in a fight) I get scared and really pissed off that he’s still playing.
Even without the almost dying thing he has had too many concussions.
It’s not brave. It’s not helping the team.

Reactions: Tatre and Mitts888

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Sens need to get to the floor, Buffalo could use some flexibility. *shrug*
I think they'd still be far more interested in 1) short-term deals, 2) low salary/high cap hit deals, 3) injured players whose salary is largely covered by insurance. Also a cheap team like Ottawa might not like a deal like Okposo's where they have to pay signing bonuses up front (even if Buffalo is eating up to half of it).

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
Their best shot at getting out of Okposo's contract will be the expansion draft.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
“You’re still not feeling 100%, Kyle? Really sorry to hear that. You know, Terry was telling me that the organization is looking for another Director of Junior Hockey Operations at the Harbor Center. Oh, the salary? Jeez, last I heard it was 6 million a year with a 4 year minimum commitment. Yeah, seems like a decent gig.”

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Mittlestadt, Okposo, 3rd round pick whenever

Fleury and Darling.
I’d rather sit Okposo as dead wood in the press box for 4 more years. Mittelstadt is going to be a player despite his disappointment this season. Marian Hossa became allergic to his equipment. Certainly Okposo’s near death experience and concussion history should be easier to sell.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I’d rather sit Okposo as dead wood in the press box for 4 more years. Mittelstadt is going to be a player despite his disappointment this season. Marian Hossa became allergic to his equipment. Certainly Okposo’s near death experience and concussion history should be easier to sell.
I'd rather not either, I think Okposo could have a useful role on this team if put in the right spot. This is what I think would get the job done in terms of taking him on.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I'm fine with him on the 4th line until we reach CAP hell. I do think, per Chain, we should be calling Ottawa up and asking what it would take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad