Roster Speculation Pt. VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Since when I originally posted my reasoning behind this and it was deleted all I am going to say now is, I think it is not impossible that Eichel is traded in the off-season.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Since when I originally posted my reasoning behind this and it was deleted all I am going to say now is, I think it is not impossible that Eichel is traded in the off-season.
Sure, it's not impossible, but it holds the same statistical likelyhood as me getting some action from Scarlett Johansson while she's wearing the Iron Man 2 wig and leather catsuit.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I mean, Gretzky was traded -- so I suppose in theory anything is possible. But Eichel being traded might be one of the most implausible offseason scenarios right now.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Is it possible, sure in the same way it’s possible I go to Vegas and win 4 cars like Nick Pappageorgio
It's more possible than that but if I say what I have been told it will be deleted. I am just putting this out there so if/when it happens, there is a record.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If that happens the possibility this team ceases to exist a decade from now becomes real. That would be the modern version of the Ron Francis trade, a trade that literally caused the Whalers fans to just give up and is the single move you can point to that killed the team. Our owner and GM are dumb but they aren't THAT dumb.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Check out @JeffCoxSports’s Tweet:
Hmm Bogo's deal is up after next season. Rumors about Risto being moved as well. Gotta imagine playing with Dahlin could have some real pull. Might hold a bit of appeal being semi close to where he grew up (Long Island I believe).

Reactions: BananaSquad

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Check out @JeffCoxSports’s Tweet:
Hmm Bogo's deal is up after next season. Rumors about Risto being moved as well. Gotta imagine playing with Dahlin could have some real pull. Might hold a bit of appeal being semi close to where he grew up (Long Island I believe).

Be nice to see. Vesey and Peterson didn’t go our way.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why would Fox sign in Buffalo? What do they offer? What relationships does he have? What is the benefit to him beyond economics?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I hope your not implying trading Risto for the next Vesey.
Nah not at all. Just saying there appears to be some openings on the right side in the forseeable future.
Why would Fox sign in Buffalo? What do they offer? What relationships does he have? What is the benefit to him beyond economics?
Who knows? I'm probably just as pessimistic as you Chain. Our organization is a dumpster fire at this point and I don't see them holding appeal over all the other teams that will be chasing him, but maybe the potential of playing with Dahlin while being relatively close to home could hold some appeal. He's probably more likely to sign with the Rangers or Islanders. He's just a guy I've seen a fair amount of and like a lot.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Nah not at all. Just saying there appears to be some openings on the right side in the forseeable future.

Who knows? I'm probably just as pessimistic as you Chain. Our organization is a dumpster fire at this point and I don't see them holding appeal over all the other teams that will be chasing him, but maybe the potential of playing with Dahlin while being relatively close to home could hold some appeal. He's probably more likely to sign with the Rangers or Islanders. He's just a guy I've seen a fair amount of and like a lot.

I love Fox, but perhaps the directionless incompetence of the current regime has me even more jaded than the directioned incompetence of the last regime... or the compartmentalized incompetence of the one before that.

Reactions: sabremike

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Read chatter out of Edmonton yesterday that Nugent Hopkins may be on the out and Risto might be a suitable trade target.

This would be the best thing that could happen to this team other than reversing the ROR trade.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
We really don’t have any speed, energy or fight in our lineup. Lack of response from this team is so depressing. I watched Miles Wood flying around the ice last night and thought he was exactly what we don’t have.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Read chatter out of Edmonton yesterday that Nugent Hopkins may be on the out and Risto might be a suitable trade target.

This would be the best thing that could happen to this team other than reversing the ROR trade.

You could change the carpenters tools the newest and best tools, but if he doesn’t know how to use them, it’s not going to matter what tools he has...

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
*me, holding monkey's paw*

And with my last wish, I wish for the Buffalo Sabres to not be the most boring team in the league

*monkey's paw closes*

...wait no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->