Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrefan99

Jun 22, 2014
Could the Sabres sign a UFA center on July 1st? They cannot go into next season without better depth. I would love Matt Duchene, but that’s probably no realistic.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Would have been a nice pickup for us even though he probably would be too expensive to keep after next year. Still if it did not cost one of our top guys going forward I would have liked to have him for the one year.

Kramdaman

Apr 22, 2014
Could the Sabres sign a UFA center on July 1st? They cannot go into next season without better depth. I would love Matt Duchene, but that’s probably no realistic.

This. I think he’s the perfect add. Speed. Finish. Playmaking.

Wouldn’t feel great about him being signed through age 36 though

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Botterill's teams have averaged 73 pts per 82 games.

Murray's teams during his three full seasons as GM (including the McEichel tank season) averaged 71 pts per 82 games.
considering we the fans knew that the team was completely torn apart the bad record in 2014-2015 season was completely justified as we knew what was best for that season. Botterill has all of Murray's core young players that should be hitting their stride instead we were worst in the league again last year which is a joke and we are literally trying out best to go from best to worst this year.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
It's funny because I view the ROR trade as the 2nd worst thing that was done to this franchise since Darcy left. The worst being the Evander Kane acquisition. Murray simply over spent on both.
the trade for O'Reily? Compher Zads Grig all are depth players who aren't close to ROR's value atm.....

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Silfveberg is signing an extension and is off the market. But the Ducks will have to make a cap dumping move to complete it.

Henrique and Rakell have both fallen from grace and are way underproducing. Are they guys you can get with an ELC prospect for cheap because of the cap situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad