Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Nylander + STL 1st + if Florida wants to get rid of anything that costs money (which seems to be their thing)

Yeah, was just coming in here to say Nylander + 1st for Huberdeau. Six-plus years of team control on Nylander and a mid-1st is a pretty attractive pair of assets, and accomplishes their goal of clearing cap.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Yeah, was just coming in here to say Nylander + 1st for Huberdeau. Six-plus years of team control on Nylander and a mid-1st is a pretty attractive pair of assets, and accomplishes their goal of clearing cap.

I would add another piece too. Would be totally worth it.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Interesting graphic, but entirely different situations for both players - one is a pending free agent and the other has 4 years left on contract at a really good price. You're either taking on hefty cap by signing Skinner (which is likely what we'll end up doing) or you trade away solid assets for Huberdeau's beautiful/cap friendly contract. neither will come cheap. Having said that, anyone should want that Huberdeau contract. If the reports are right that Florida is dangling Huberdeau in a trade for Panarin and The Bobs, then florida is being remarkably short sighted. Panarin is easily the best asset coming back in the trade and he has been adamant that he will test FA market. Even if Florida resigns him, it won't be for cheap. Meanwhile, they give up a long term, cost effective asset for a chance to spend big money. Columbus should take this deal and run.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have a fear that he has solidly slotted 4th liners who he could maintain for decent cost control going forward for the usual junk trade returns he has landed so far in shuffling out Murray drafted/acquired players in the recent past. Is moving Larry or Gus for pocket lint a win? I don't. And yet I fear that's what he's going to do as a path to clear spots for the younger players.
My god I would be livid. I'd rather he sit on his hands and do nothing than move out Girgs-Larry for scraps. You can't magically replace that kind of hard work with younger players. They're still young enough, still RFA's, won't command outrageous raises. Both should be locked up imo so we don't have to worry about those slots at all going forward. Those 2 are going to drive opponents nuts in a playoff series.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If the Panthers want to clear cap space, the Sabres have a lot to offer in the way of futures.
Agreed. He'd be a fantastic target. He's an established player that has several more years on a cheap deal. Tallon is looking to clear cap space to land a couple big fish. He's one of the few names bandied about that I'd consider moving those 1sts for. I also don't think much of Tallon as a GM, I think we could get him for a very reasonable price.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Huberdeau at that cap hit is a dream.

Like many others one if the 1sts+nylander+x came to mind. I wonder if they'd want olofsson

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Do it Botts, please.. he could be a core member of this teams future.

I would give Nylander and a 1st and that's saying a lot since you know how much I believe in Nylander.
I dont think that moves the needle much for FLA, I just think other teams could offer a more established package. But, its Tallon, so ya never know, I'd just want more than two maybes for Hubs.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Do it Botts, please.. he could be a core member of this teams future.

I would give Nylander and a 1st and that's saying a lot since you know how much I believe in Nylander.
Who do you value more RoR or Huberdeau? I personally think Huberdeau is more valueable. And when the RoR trade happened we all said we didn’t get enough for a player who wanted out, was a cancer, etc.

We can start with a first, a very good prospect and a roster player.

Nylander + Rodrigues + 1st? Is that even enough? Maybe they want Guhle too.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
I don't see how that makes an argument that Skinner isn't worth the extra $$$ and term, if that's what Stimson is going for.
Because he’s worse defensively, I guess. A negative on the shots against is better.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It doesn't matter because we have a GM who is in no way smart or shrewd enough to pull off a deal like that. We are the ones who give up our valuable assets for scraps, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad