Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
we need Torts Coach Q or Lindy tired of all these Soft Whimpy coaches i want a coach that holds player accountable and shows some fire instead of intense gum chewing, jeez Phil Cuckley isn't cutting it

He holds rookies and young guys accountable for the mistakes by the veterans!

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Mittlestadt + Ristolainen + 1st?

It would take some balls from Bowman to do that. On paper, yes, it looks decent. However, that's their 3-cup winning captain. That sentiment probably kills any deal that isn't ridiculous.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
It would take some balls from Bowman to do that. On paper, yes, it looks decent. However, that's their 3-cup winning captain. That sentiment probably kills any deal that isn't ridiculous.
Not too far fetched. The fans here no that they need new blood and cap space. Kane is not going anywhere because he puts arses in the seats. Captain Serious has lost a bit of lustre around here. That said, he fixes nothing. He would need to be the C here and then you might as well trade Eichel. Not that Jack would be butt hurt, but why would he want to part of the circus. Jmho.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If we win the lottery, I’d trade that pick for a sizable package of immediate difference makers.

Adding Hughes to this team, while shiny, literally wouldn’t make us any better. (Kakko is a different story)

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Just think, at this moment we have nothing to show on the roster for ROR and Kane.

Let that sink in.
Trading Kane was perfectly fine being a UFA after the season and there was a good chance he wasn't signing with us. Trading ROR for that shit was stupid and indefensible with 5 years left...infact it was f***ing joke that the prospect coming back wasn't one of their best considering even the Blues best prospects would lucky to even in be in the same class of player as ROR.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Just think, at this moment we have nothing to show on the roster for ROR and Kane.

Let that sink in.
We had nothing to show when they were on the roster too.

It's tough enough being a Buffalo fan with the way the Hockey gods relentlessly crap on us. What I don't understand is why our own fans masochistically turn the screws on themselves and each other... like somehow it just wasn't bad enough yet and we all need to be kicked down another notch. :laugh:

Last edited:

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

It's tough enough being a Buffalo fan with the way the sports world relentlessly craps on us. What I don't understand is why people insist on masochistically turning the screws on ourselves and each other... like somehow it just wasn't bad enough yet. :laugh:

Bull****. This is just another way of saying we didn’t win anything with them, meanwhile they were amongst our leading scorers while we iced a supporting cast of has beens and AHL level fodder.

They were far from the problem of the team, and as we continue to ice terrible rosters, we continue to fail. And then we wonder why we continue to suck.

Reactions: sabremike

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006

It's tough enough being a Buffalo fan with the way the Hockey gods relentlessly crap on us. What I don't understand is why our own fans masochistically turn the screws on themselves and each other... like somehow it just wasn't bad enough yet and we all need to be kicked down another notch. :laugh:
Exactly. I liked both of those guys as players but it was not working. When those trades were made nobody thought we had improved our lineup short term--at least no serious thinking adult. Now we are taking our lumps while the team matures--hopefully before Eichel gets too old to play and I get too old to care.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

SabresBills2012

Apr 27, 2012
I'm about 45 minutes away from Toronto and with every day Housley is still the coach, I'm thinking about becoming a Leafs fan, at least they play with some passion.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010

Sick of reading shit like this for people trying to justify that awful trade. You get better by keeping players like ROR and building a stronger team around them. Not moving them for a collective group of garbage.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
If we win the lottery, I’d trade that pick for a sizable package of immediate difference makers.

Adding Hughes to this team, while shiny, literally wouldn’t make us any better. (Kakko is a different story)
LOLOLOLOL I'll have some of what this guys having.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
So you hope a mid-teens-to-mid-twenties pick will be the player O'Reilly is now? When? Three years? Five?

And we saw the filler that was Berglund and Sobotka. Those cap dumps are the type of player teams give away assets to get rid of. There was no benefit to Buffalo to having them in the deal.

Buffalo gave up the near-term best player in the deal and sucked up cap space while creating a roster vacuum that has hurt them all season. But tell me again how one day this will be good.

Amen! Thank you, Chain, for succinctly summing up exactly how I've felt the minute the trade was announced!! It still makes my blood boil but I don't want to go off about it in this thread when there's a dedicated thread to venting about it.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I don't trust them to do much good if they win the lottery. We shouldn't want to be Edmonton.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Thoughts on trading for Toews?

His contract is bad but he’s been having a good year and I believe there’s only 4 years left.

If the Sabres are forced to put Okposo on LTIR for each of the next season there may be cap room for it.

Of course I’m sure he wouldn’t want to come here and that defeats the whole purpose of it...

Edit: I see you guys were talking about it on the last page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad