Speculation: Roster Speculation Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This feels more like projection of insecurities than reality.
I distictly remember a poll of players a few years back on what team they would least like to go to (or it may have been team at the top of your no trade list) and I think we finished second to the Islanders.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I know it’s relative to expectations...but he was playing fine when he was in the lineup. Good mix of two way play in a limited and lower risk role.

I'm not even sure it's that relative to expectations. Beaulieu has been a fine 3rd pairing NHL defenseman, one that many teams could use.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Hunwick has been OK.........but I gotta think Beaulieu would be better.
Beaulieu has been serviceable all year, he is 25,good skater good shot, great fighter.When he said he wanted to play the idiot benched him hasn't played since.We won't get nothing for him now I would have liked to resign him which we won't because the idiot is still the coach.Meanwhile we have the softest team in hockey and have nobody to protect our stars.I wonder how Housley would have felt if Playfair,Ruff and Foligno didn't dress when he was playing? God I hate him

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Conveniently forgot about the 1st rounder also. The trade looked great until Berglund quit.

Regardless, this trade was more of an admission that we're still a full rebuild mode which was necessitated by our former GM who gave away assets like they were Skittles.

And we pick up a 21 year old Thompson who looks like he could turn into something, a 1st rounder, Berglund who would have been a good player for younger players to watch, and basically a throw in in Sobotka.

Made sense then, and still makes sense now. This team wouldn't have been ready for success regardless.
The trade looked better because Berglund quit.
He was already sliding from 3rd line to 4th line minutes, was over 30 and had 3 more years at 4mil.
He looked good with Larsson/Girg but so does KyleO.
He was on pace for 15 points/82gp.
Sobotka is the worst player dressed most nights, so say his underlining numbers and the eye test unless you re a pirate.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Wennberg desperately needs a change of scenery away from Torts, but he's still likely going to be overpaid (4 more yrs at $4.9m) unless he finds a way to improve on his best season, which was 2 seasons ago. (59pts)

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Wennberg desperately needs a change of scenery away from Torts, but he's still likely going to be overpaid (4 more yrs at $4.9m) unless he finds a way to improve on his best season, which was 2 seasons ago. (59pts)

The only way Buffalo would even consider it is if CBJ is willing to take most of our turds who are also under contract for next season. It'd have to be something like Scandella (who's injured and week-to-week, so won't be traded) + Sobotka + Hunwick.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
The only way Buffalo would even consider it is if CBJ is willing to take most of our turds who are also under contract for next season. It'd have to be something like Scandella (who's injured and week-to-week, so won't be traded) + Sobotka + Hunwick.

Torts would love Girgensons

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Wennberg and Milano for Bogo and Girgs. CBJ is a club that should be targeting defense. What they are icing now is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->