Coho - Grigs - Gionta/xxx
Des - Larsson - Foligno

McCormick
Flynn
Kaleta

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I don't watch enough of the yotes to have an opinion. Are there any good stats that support the idea he is good or bad on the defensive side?

he plays low QOC
he gets high ozone starts
he is on the ice for a lot of goals against anyways
he has lots of turnovers

there are lots of top offensive defensemen who have bad GA data because they are on bad teams. But none of them pull it off against the weak competition that Yandle sees

Tippett, a very defensive minded coach, does everything he can to protect/hide Yandle.

ZeroPT*

he plays low QOC
he gets high ozone starts

he is on the ice for a lot of goals against anyways
he has lots of turnovers

there are lots of top offensive defensemen who have bad GA data because they are on bad teams. But none of them pull it off against the weak competition that Yandle sees

Tippett, a very defensive minded coach, does everything he can to protect/hide Yandle.

that's because they have a clearly superior OEL soaking up the big minutes and difficult assignments

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
that's because they have a clearly superior OEL soaking up the big minutes and difficult assignments

yea, he has a top pair ahead of him, soaking up minutes... allowing easier minutes, situations... and yet he's still on the ice for the 3rd most ES goals against in the NHL last year, and he's on pace for the same this year.

last year Phoenix's GA dropped by 1.2 when he's off the ice... the just awful, especially given his competition/situation.

2013-2014
w/ Yandle 3.03 GA per 60 ES
w/o Yandle 1.86 GA per 60 ES

ZeroPT*

yea, he has a top pair ahead of him, soaking up minutes... allowing easier minutes, situations... and yet he's still on the ice for the 3rd most ES goals against in the NHL last year, and he's on pace for the same this year.

last year Phoenix's GA dropped by 1.2 when he's off the ice... the just awful, especially given his competition/situation.

2013-2014
w/ Yandle 3.03 GA per 60 ES
w/o Yandle 1.86 GA per 60 ES

where are you finding these stats?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

Ya assuming the numbers are right, your argument doesn't help you. Your basically saying that OEL takes the big minutes and hard assignments, so that means Yandle can't even handle the lesser minutes and the easier assignments.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It happens as close to as often as it doesn't, if not more often. Crosby played wing until Lemieux retired. MacKinnon played wing last year. Seguin started out at wing in Boston.

I know it happens, but I don't know why you'd make that call right now not even knowing what the roster looks like for next season.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
So I guess the basketball Tyler Ennis got traded today. I saw the words "acquire Tyler Ennis" scroll across the bottom of my TV screen just now and about had a ********* heart attack.

ZeroPT*

What would Colorado want for ROR? Have to think a kings ransom....

They can't ask for one. He has a year left on his deal.

Prospect+young roster player+1st.

Grigorenko+Pysyk+other 1st rounder

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Lebrun on ROR:

"I can tell you one team that would like to get their hands on him and that's the Buffalo Sabres. They won't be alone. There's going to be a long list of teams if and when the Avalanche really put this guy in play. Now with the Avs falling out of the playoff race, one would think that would probably wait until the summer. BUT we know one thing about Tim Murray in Buffalo, he showed it with the Evander Kane deal. He's not scared to go after something and make a giganctic deal and i'm told that other first round pick, the low pick, he's willing to throw that in the package for ROR, if the time comes in the offseason."

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Lebrun on ROR:

"I can tell you one team that would like to get their hands on him and that's the Buffalo Sabres. They won't be alone. There's going to be a long list of teams if and when the Avalanche really put this guy in play. Now with the Avs falling out of the playoff race, one would think that would probably wait until the summer. BUT we know one thing about Tim Murray in Buffalo, he showed it with the Evander Kane deal. He's not scared to go after something and make a giganctic deal and i'm told that other first round pick, the low pick, he's willing to throw that in the package for ROR, if the time comes in the offseason."

If they can sign him, I would be all in. I can't see Murray trading away a big package for a year's worth of service, though.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Lebrun on ROR:

I'd ask where Jame, but pretty sure he's picking up "supplies" just in case

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
Lebrun on ROR:

Oh man. I pray that no one trades for him at the deadline so Murray can make this happen prior to/at the the draft. Always loved O'Reilly and would want him regardless, but I'm a big proponent of starting out young centers and wing for at least their first 10-20 games, depending on the player. ROR would fit in perfectly as a top six C next season, and the long-term a top six winger or very good 3rd line C.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad