OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
S
Dominique Hampton
FOLLOW
6'2"215 lbsWashington
13POS RK
178OVR RK
54GRADE

Pre-Draft Analysis​

Hampton has the frame, speed and length to compete with tight ends in coverage. He can read the receiver and breaks on the ball in off-coverage. He sorts out routes and matches patterns in quarters looks. Hampton has long arms to break up passes and is competitive at the catch point. On top of being physical with good stopping power in run support, he chases with good effort and led the team with 109 tackles in 2023. -- Steve Muench

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
These picks all feel very Rivera like. High character, high motor, team captains who score high on their RAS but are all reaches according to 90% of rankings. Not sure I like the approach, hasn't worked well in the past but I guess time will tell.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
These picks all feel very Rivera like. High character, high motor, team captains who score high on their RAS but are all reaches according to 90% of rankings. Not sure I like the approach, hasn't worked well in the past but I guess time will tell.
The last 3 (McCaffery, Magee & Hampton) were all like 20-30 picks earlier than ESPN had them ranked.

That said, none of them would have probably made it to the “next pick” that the Skins had. So it feels like they took them when they did, or they’d lose them. Perhaps it wouldn’t have happened (they wouldn’t have been picked), but the gamble seems that they would be.

Just an educated guess here

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I don’t see any reaches other than LMC and he’s a home run swing.

Newton was ranked top 15 player in the draft by a few people and Sainistril is legit. Sinnott might have gone 10 picks later but who knows.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
How are there “reaches” in the 5th round? Outside of the 1st and maybe the 2nd, it gets pretty variable very quickly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad