Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I'd be open to Kane for the right price. Stafford or Stewart + a second I'd go for. Do they want one of our goalies?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Peg could always put him on Ir and deal with it in the offseason. So to trade him now they need a help now piece (Stafford) but they are also going to want the value of their asset, which I doubt is solely a late 1st

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
What's a realistic package?

I think it's hard to tell. If it weren't for some of the recent bad reports about him, though, I'd imagine it would be significantly higher than this STL 1st plus Stafford stuff. This might be significantly lowering his value though. Hard to know.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
The latest incident might bring the value down a bit... But not into the crazy low offers in this thread.

The standard "good prospect, young NHLer, 1st" type of package that teams always want for high end young talent... Is probably the market they were looking for before this latest incident

It definitely didn't drop to "rental, 1st"

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Stafford, Compher, Hurley, stl 1st

Stafford, Grigo, Ruhwedel, stl 1st

Hodgson, Grigo, Buf 2nd

?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
You guys are crazy, they aren't trading Kane for a 1st rounder, much less a late first. Sure, his value went down, but nowhere near that much.

Realistic? I'd say 2 late firsts + Armia/Fasching + Staff/Stew, or something in that ballpark. Armia/Fasching just seem like WPG-type players but just an example. I mean, look at his numbers, teams are still going to want him. I sure don't.

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Hot 3-way action anyone???

To :avs

D Tyler Myers ($5.5M)
W Scott Kosmachuk ($720K)

To :jets

C/W Ryan O'Reilly ($6M)
D Mark Pysyk ($870K)

To :sabres

W Evander Kane ($5.25M)
D Stefan Elliot ($850K)

Is the value anywhere close?

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
I imagine they would want/initially ask for a 1st round pick + Top level prospect + top six/nine forward.....something like that.

ZeroPT*

Stafford, Compher, Hurley, stl 1st

Stafford, Grigo, Ruhwedel, stl 1st

Hodgson, Grigo, Buf 2nd

?

The 1st one is very fair IMO. 2 good prospexts , a 1st and a forward they can use who isn't actually that big a drop off production wise.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

D Tyler Myers ($5.5M)

C/W Ryan O'Reilly ($6M)
D Mark Pysyk ($870K)

W Evander Kane ($5.25M)
D Stefan Elliot ($850K)

WTF Dude.

Why not just get ROR? ...

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not getting him thinking he's going to be a 60 point player, or a great two way guy. Six years in the league is enough that I think you'd be really rolling the dice expecting a breakthrough.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'm not getting him thinking he's going to be a 60 point player, or a great two way guy. Six years in the league is enough that I think you'd be really rolling the dice expecting a breakthrough.

This sounds like an Anti-Myers argument.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

D Tyler Myers ($5.5M)

C/W Ryan O'Reilly ($6M)
D Mark Pysyk ($870K)

W Evander Kane ($5.25M)
D Stefan Elliot ($850K)

The deal is simply impossible.

How is Komaschuk getting to Colorado? How is ROR getting to Winnipeg? Three way trades are not allowed. They have to be two separate trades. Never mind the value is off.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
You guys are crazy, they aren't trading Kane for a 1st rounder, much less a late first. Sure, his value went down, but nowhere near that much.

Realistic? I'd say 2 late firsts + Armia/Fasching + Staff/Stew, or something in that ballpark. Armia/Fasching just seem like WPG-type players but just an example. I mean, look at his numbers, teams are still going to want him. I sure don't.

:shakehead That package may have been his value immediately after his 30 goal campaign but now? No ****ing way is he worth that. 2 1sts in an elite draft similar to 03 and 08, Armia who was a 1st in 2011 and Stafford/Stewart which is equivalent to at minimum a 2nd round pick? I'll pass easily. And I actually wouldn't mind acquiring Kane. Just not for the equivalent of 3 1sts and a 2nd. Because while he is talented and somewhat "young" his production isn't anything special. He is barely a "20" goal scorer because he has only scored 20+ goals once in his career. Only scored 44+ points once in his career. (And that all happened in the same season when he went 30-27-57). His numbers per 82 games played are pretty much 25-25-50. That's more 2nd line numbers then first line.

I proposed yesterday our latest 1st+Compher/Fasching. While Kane is probably worth a little more then that I wouldn't put more into that package aside from maybe Connor Hurley or Eric Cornel. Can't forget that Kane makes $5.25m per and has career averages almost identical to Stafford. I didn't even mention any off ice issues, I'm strictly going by his production as a NHL player. I think he would be a good addition to this team and would probably be a consistent 25 goal scorer. But I'm not giving up 2 1sts+Armia+Stafford for a guy who may never produce more then what he is already doing. You could even say Armia could end up producing the exact numbers as Kane is except Armia is still on an ELC.

As for that 3 way trade posted above aside from those being outlawed that value is terrible for us and I'm not a fan of Myers at all. And anyway I would rather have RoR over Kane easily. But Myers AND Pysyk?!? If I'm trading both I would want someone better then Kane. I would try to add one of our extra 1sts and Compher/Fasching to those 2 and try to get Hall instead. Myers+Pysyk+STL 1st+Compher for Hall. And then after taking Eichel we use NYI 1st and #31 on 2 dmen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad