Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
One isn't like the others. :laugh:

I think Hodgson still has solid trade value. There are scouts and GMs all around the league that liked him in his draft year, or liked him in his previous 2 successful NHL seasons, or liked him at worlds. He's not going to be solely judged in the vacuum of this awful season.

Considering there is some significant negativity attached to Kane, a package involving Hodgson makes a lot of sense.

Hodgson, Stafford, Stl 1st

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We're probably all wasting our time anyways seeing how they put Kane on IR and he'll likely have season ending shoulder surgery so he can't be traded until the offseason.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Mike Kelly ‏@MikeKellyNHL 18m18 minutes ago

Kane can still be a top power F. Top 6 in Ozone puck retrieval metric are: E. Kane Bergeron Williams Wheeler Backes Lucic

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Should he be punished that he was playing in the NHL right away while numerous others on that list were still developing in juniors and the AHL? What would their averages have looked like if they went into the NHL right away?

Not punished for having played right away. Questioned for not having improved a very much. I don't think it means he is a bad player, based on that, but the implication that because he was in similar company with young stars early in his career doesn't mean much at this point.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Hot 3-way action anyone???

To :avs

D Tyler Myers ($5.5M)
W Scott Kosmachuk ($720K)

To :jets

C/W Ryan O'Reilly ($6M)
D Mark Pysyk ($870K)

To :sabres

W Evander Kane ($5.25M)
D Stefan Elliot ($850K)

Is the value anywhere close?

No. Myers and Pysyk for Kane? Just no.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I would love to see some of the private stats by teams. I just remember an article a while ago describing breakdowns of possession numbers for entering the zone, carrying the puck in vs dumping it, and the story had a quote from MacTavish saying that he and his organization hadn't found much application to advanced stats in hockey. I laughed at the time, but it really was the gift that kept on giving.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
No ****... if you score like 40 points in the league today you are basically a top 6 forward.

I know, Garry Lawless said he wasn't. Way to many people seem to think 60-70 point players are "second liners" when in reality those are good first liners. Some media just have no grasp on things, it's like Mathew Clueless calling Myers a 5/6 Dman.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Ya I don't read lawless so I wasn't aware this was an issue in the slightest. Do gary lawless and mike harrington share notes on how to be jokes?

Weaves

Oct 28, 2013
Ottawa
As someone who lives in Winnipeg, I can confirm that Gary Lawless should not be taken seriously. I still believe he has faith in Pavelec as a #1 G.... :help:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I thought you could trade an injured player as long as the team acquiring the said injured player was aware of that. Or was that taken out with the most recent CBA? I think acquiring Kane even if he is hurt would be a great move for the tank. Move Staff or Stewart out in the trade package for Kane losing one of our top scorers, Kane is unable to play so he has no chance of altering our dream for 30th and we call up Larsson or Schaller to replace our 2nd leading scorer :)

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of Evander Kane here. I think he would be a good 2nd line winger on a future line of Kane-Reinhart-Armia. With XX-Eichel-XX as the top line (with the 2 available 1st line wingers being 30 goal wingers that we acquire, either by trade or by moving up in this draft or next and drafting our future LW1 and RW1. The 3rd line can include players like Ennis, Grigorenko, Girgensons and Moulson with them also being able to move around throughout our top 9.

sabregoon

Nov 7, 2014
Buffalo
I'd want Kane even if he was gonna be healthy. But him being hurt would be perfect. Plus he's exactly what we need if he gets his head in the right place

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
No ****... if you score like 40 points in the league today you are basically a top 6 forward.

The 90th highest scorer last year had 50 points. So with 40 points you're almost a first line player.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
How funny and tanky would it be if we acquired Kane then shut him down for the year due to injuries/surgery :laugh:

EDIT: Looks like Jets are already doing it.

Chris Johnston retweeted
Tim Campbell ‏@FPTimCampbell 44s44 seconds ago
Paul Maurice says Evander Kane will have shoulder surgery soon, recovery time 4-6 months. #NHLJets #bn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad