Line Combos: Roster/Lineup/Movement Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Clayton Keller is reportedly on the block with the Coyotes seeking picks and other pieces in return, but mostly picks.

This is an option we should leap at.

I am not thinking he is a Torts type of player. I am not sure what Jarmo was doing bringing Domi here as a player with Torts at the coach.

Even before the trade happened, I said to my son "The one team I hope Domi does not get traded is Columbus. I do not see him and Torts working well together."

Domi needs a more new school coach and Torts needs more of a hard nose banger type of player.

mail

Mar 2, 2021
Would you guys do JT Miller and 2021 2nd, 2021 3rd for Zach Werenski?

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Hoping Clayton Keller can play center may be even more of a stretch then hoping for Domi to play center. Might as well put together a better deal for Schmaltz who is cheaper and a pretty good center to boot. Makes a lot more sense too, I doubt they trade him though. Also 7 million for Keller has the potential to be Skinner level bad. He's not that good, apparently he has regressed every year since his breakout rookie season.

Schmaltz is definitely the center we'd want from them. What they'd want from us... Who knows.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I like the idea of playing Nash higher in the lineup. 3rd line ideally. He's better at center than most of the trialists we have playing the position.

Agreed. And perhaps underutilized/underrated offensively?

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Here’s an idea. The better teams have their top players at the top of the Fantasy rankings. Yes, I acknowledge that Fantasy rankings are not the end all be all, but for the sake of this argument, can we acknowledge that having our top forwards ranked at 51, 78 and 95 is far less than desirable?

Fantasy hockey top 100 forward rankings

In general, I feel that most, if not all of our guys, are playing up one line, and perhaps even up one league. It seems like this franchise has always had below average players, all things being equal (comparing apples to apples with other teams…fighters, first lines, top defensive pair, etc.)

If we are going to be that effort / energy / grind-it-out team, why not take advantage of this league getting softer and softer. Let’s go the other way from the league trend. We are already playing 3 or 4 guys who would not even be on the roster of the top 8 teams in the league, so why not put 2 or 3 or 4 players out there that keep other teams scared of getting hit on every shift. IDK who those players would be, and yes, I know most of the other teams have only have one loose cannon / guy who people fear at least a little, but we have none.

If we are going to have 4 guys in the lineup every night who should not be on an NHL roster, then let’s go get 4 SOBs from wherever and put one on each of the 3 lines and one D-man. Who cares if they average a point every 10 games because that's the production we get from the bottom of our lineup anyway. We don’t need to have goons / fighters necessarily, but do you think Bjorkstrand and Laine would be floating around with Tom Wilson on the ice? Nope.

Teams play us at full speed because they have no fear playing against us. Plus, their talent levels are often such that they can play a 90 to 95% effort game and beat us. We need every player to play at 100% to have a chance. And it’s been that way for 20 years.

Reactions: cslebn

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Would you do Huqhes for Björkstrand and 2nd and 3rd?
Let me see if I’ve got this right. You want send out Bjorkstrand plus from an offensively starved team for a D Man?

Now had there been a part 2 that included Jones or Z being used to acquire a higher level replacement, I’d be more interested and less willing to immediately dismiss your proposal.

BTW, I dismiss the JT Miller poor proposal as well.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Let me see if I’ve got this right. You want send out Bjorkstrand plus from an offensively starved team for a D Man?

Now had there been a part 2 that included Jones or Z being used to acquire a higher level replacement, I’d be more interested and less willing to immediately dismiss your proposal.

BTW, I dismiss the JT Miller poor proposal as well.

No i dont want to. I just "same" level poor offer

Reactions: MoeBartoli

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Pretty cool stuff on Ros .. just needs to slow down a bit at times , also needs to learn a backhand technique when he takes draws , appears the only faceoff he utilized is straight forehand technique

Reactions: VeseleTlacovky

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Btw, Roslovic`s FO% in the last three games:
Nashville - 37%
Detroit - 27%
Dallas - 22%
I`m interesting how this line can play with puck.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Deadline day outlook (and only on deadline day as of now)

Untouchable:
Laine
Jones

NMC/NTC
Cam

Don’t Want to move but you can listen
Bjorkstrand
Roslovic
Werenski
Gavrikov
Texier
Jenner
Bemstrom
Peeke

Open to trading
Domi
Foligno (if no extension)
Carlsson
Robinson
Stenlund
Grigorenko
Kukan
Either goalie

Trade bait
Savard
Nash
MDZ
Harrington

Injured
Nyquist

Reactions: rotsbu

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

Untouchable:
Laine
Jones

NMC/NTC
Cam

Bjorkstrand
Roslovic
Werenski
Gavrikov
Texier
Jenner
Bemstrom
Peeke

Open to trading
Domi
Foligno (if no extension)
Carlsson
Robinson
Stenlund
Grigorenko
Kukan
Either goalie

Trade bait
Savard
Nash
MDZ
Harrington

Injured
Nyquist

I'm a broken record but god damnit is that roster trash.

Also I put Bjorkstrand on my untouchable list, just signed long term and is our best 5 v 5 player, unless it's a massive overpayment, you don't trade Bjork.

Trade the vets, get some picks, no center depth = no dice. Time to rebuild.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm a broken record but god damnit is that roster trash.

Also I put Bjorkstrand on my untouchable list, just signed long term and is our best 5 v 5 player, unless it's a massive overpayment, you don't trade Bjork.

Trade the vets, get some picks, no center depth = no dice. Time to rebuild.

I went back and forth. But yeah you’re probably right about Bjork being on the untouchable list

Reactions: Columbus Jack

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

Untouchable:
Laine
Jones

NMC/NTC
Cam

Bjorkstrand
Roslovic
Werenski
Gavrikov
Texier
Jenner