Line Combos: Roster/Lineup/Movement Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Kings fan coming in peace.

There are rumors LA is looking to add a top pair LHD that is under 28. Werenksi has been brought up but is he A) actually available and B) what would his value even be. I am guessing at least Turcotte, but I would think in order to entice the Blue Jackets a more immediate player would need to be acquired than a A Prospect.

I like Columbus and the aggressiveness of your GM. Trading Werenski does not seem to make sense to me from the Blue Jackets side.

Yes, I don't think there's much chance at all that Werenski gets moved. He's just arriving as a #1D caliber player, it isn't the sort of guy you move even if you are retooling.

Reactions: YP44

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Interesting. Either Korpi is getting both Nashville games or Elvis is coming back quicker and splitting them, or they are going to give VV a game.

Monsters play Sat. and Sun. also, so if they are giving Kiv a game to play in Cleveland and sending him back to play, he would go back to back.
I think the chance Elvis comes back less than a week after being deemed out week-to-week is pretty close to zero.

Reactions: I3LI3

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I think the chance Elvis comes back less than a week after being deemed out week-to-week is pretty close to zero.
I agree. Just thought it was weird to send Kiv down on a back to back the same days the Monsters play back to back. Figured they would be more comfortable with Kiv backing up than taking a chance VV goes in if Korpi is bad or gets hurt.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I agree. Just thought it was weird to send Kiv down on a back to back the same days the Monsters play back to back. Figured they would be more comfortable with Kiv backing up than taking a chance VV goes in if Korpi is bad or gets hurt.
I completely agree. I expect them to play Korpisalo in both games but wanted make sure Matiss got some playing time. They tried to send him down to play once before and then Elvis got hurt the next day so he came right back.

Reactions: Monstershockey

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It still blows my mind that Florida literally gave away Vinny Trocheck at the deadline last year and we didn’t beat that offer. Not sure we were even interested, but I was banging the table for him and he went for nothing and is having a great year.

I was pretty surprised that no one seemed to want Trocheck, but then when I watched him last year it made sense. He looked like a shell of himself. His skating looked ruined by the injury. I'm just glad on his behalf that he's looking better.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
It still blows my mind that Florida literally gave away Vinny Trocheck at the deadline last year and we didn’t beat that offer. Not sure we were even interested, but I was banging the table for him and he went for nothing and is having a great year.

We were interested. We turned down, reportedly, a Josh Anderson for Vincent Trocheck offer (details were light at the time on if anything else was being asked for in that proposal). See Domi thread for more details. My apologies for not including here - I didn't check in over the weekend. Seems like we were on the same wavelength.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We were interested. We turned down, reportedly, a Josh Anderson for Vincent Trocheck offer (details were light at the time on if anything else was being asked for in that proposal). See Domi thread for more details. My apologies for not including here - I didn't check in over the weekend. Seems like we were on the same wavelength.

No problem.

I wouldn’t have done Anderson for Trocheck. I believe I said that last year at the time (I think I wanted a deal built around savard). But since Florida gave him away, I assume they would have bargained for something less.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
No problem.

I wouldn’t have done Anderson for Trocheck. I believe I said that last year at the time (I think I wanted a deal built around savard). But since Florida gave him away, I assume they would have bargained for something less.
I'm not so sure. I could very easily see a situation in which it's "coming from you, we want X" and "coming from this other guy, we'll settle for Y". Maybe we could have, and heck, maybe we tried and Florida just wasn't interested in something different.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Clayton Keller is reportedly on the block with the Coyotes seeking picks and other pieces in return, but mostly picks.

This is an option we should leap at.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Yeah but do we have the pieces to make it work? He also has been playing on the wing and I think we all would hope he plays C here.

Supposedly they really want picks. So yes hypothetically we can make it work. And yeah the appeal is for him to play C

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Supposedly they really want picks. So yes hypothetically we can make it work. And yeah the appeal is for him to play C
Hoping Clayton Keller can play center may be even more of a stretch then hoping for Domi to play center. Might as well put together a better deal for Schmaltz who is cheaper and a pretty good center to boot. Makes a lot more sense too, I doubt they trade him though. Also 7 million for Keller has the potential to be Skinner level bad. He's not that good, apparently he has regressed every year since his breakout rookie season.

Reactions: cslebn and Viqsi

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
At the time he was traded, he wasnt looking too great, from what I remember.

I mean we all know what happens to most players when they join Columbus - it takes them a long time to get going

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
Laine - Texier - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Roslovic - Atkinson
Jenner - Stenlund - Domi
Robinson - Nash - Grigorenko/Bemstrom/Whatever

PP
Texier is (one of) the best stickhandler on this team, with Roslovic. It's obvious for anyone who looks carefully all games.
He can makes insane plays if you give him confidence, I'm 100% sure of that. (reminder : we do miss SKILLS in this team)
I've NEVER understood why he is not even used on the PP. (especially when you have for example Domi doing his shit since so many games... so painful to watch)
He could be use for zone entries. At least a TRY. And to bring some CREATIVITY. Because Texier is actually not that dump & chase guy we see too much. There is something wrong with the way he plays.

I don't even mention the fact Bjorky isn't on that PP1...

Just figure something out with Laine, Bjorkstrand, Roslovic, Texier, and Jones. Build something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hulide

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Laine - Texier - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Roslovic - Atkinson
Jenner - Stenlund - Domi
Robinson - Nash - Grigorenko/Bemstrom/Whatever

PP
Texier is (one of) the best stickhandler on this team, with Roslovic. It's obvious for anyone who looks carefully all games.
He can makes insane plays if you give him confidence, I'm 100% sure of that. (reminder : we do miss SKILLS in this team)
I've NEVER understood why he is not even used on the PP. (especially when you have for example Domi doing his shit since so many games... so painful to watch)
He could be use for zone entries. At least a TRY. And to bring some CREATIVITY. Because Texier is actually not that dump & chase guy we see too much. There is something wrong with the way he plays.

I don't even mention the fact Bjorky isn't on that PP1...

Just figure something out with Laine, Bjorkstrand, Roslovic, Texier, and Jones. Build something.
Decent lines....roll Bemstrom simply because at this point Grigs has shown who he is - a KHL level player

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I was about to try suggesting that maybe we try picking up Johansen again. The justification to be given developed like this: "After all, he's a known quantity here, and yes it was problematic at times but it could work out; it certainly couldn't get any wor-
oh. OH. Oh, G-d, I was about to go THERE. Okay, bad suggestion."

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I was about to try suggesting that maybe we try picking up Johansen again. The justification to be given developed like this: "After all, he's a known quantity here, and yes it was problematic at times but it could work out; it certainly couldn't get any wor-
oh. OH. Oh, G-d, I was about to go THERE. Okay, bad suggestion."

I still am a fan of his. I don't think he'd come back to play for Torts. But once he's gone next year, I'd take Johansen back if it was cheap enough. Have to imagine that salary drives the price down some to acquire him considering he hasn't been worth $8m for a few years now it seems. He's not a bonafide 1c but better than what we have thats for sure. Would definitely rather him than Duchene.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I advocated earlier in the thread for Joey, but idk. I feel like we have a similar style player (as in, compete level) with Laine. Having two doesn’t sound appealing to me anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad