Line Combos: Roster/Lineup/Movement Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Yes! Cam with Boone. I saw them together some in last night's game and I think it should stick.

Would be nice to see Domi click with Foudy (with anyone, for that matter).

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Domi had a sweet pass to Foudy that he wasn't ready for at all - but I thought they generated chances so I'm glad to see them together for the time being. Cam on the third line seems about right, if he's not going to be in the press box.

It still seems perfect for Laine to just slide in next to Tex and Bjork and move Nick down with Domi-Foudy and Grigs down to the 4th again.

Reactions: Bookker

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Domi had a sweet pass to Foudy that he wasn't ready for at all - but I thought they generated chances so I'm glad to see them together for the time being. Cam on the third line seems about right, if he's not going to be in the press box.

It still seems perfect for Laine to just slide in next to Tex and Bjork and move Nick down with Domi-Foudy and Grigs down to the 4th again.

Feels like a consistent problem with this Jackets roster - a problem I expect Laine to help with a ton. Totally agree with your whole post, except I dunno where exactly Grigs should slot in.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

At this time it’s a fair assessment that Foudy = Robinson. Lots of speed, close to zero creativity or finishing skills. Foudy is younger so it plays in his favor to keep him in the lineup

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
At this time it’s a fair assessment that Foudy = Robinson. Lots of speed, close to zero creativity or finishing skills. Foudy is younger so it plays in his favor to keep him in the lineup

I get where y'all are going with the Foudy/Robinson stuff, but I just don't really agree. I don't think Robinson makes this play, for instance:

Reactions: CoachWithNoTeam

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I’m in agreement on the Jones - Werenski idea and I’ve done a 180 in that I’d be targeting Werenski. Seth’s play has been disappointing this year and for much of last year. People talk about signing Seth to a long term deal at $8M plus - heck of seen some go up to $10M. IMHO, his play doesn’t match those numbers. That said, Seth is held in very high regard and is the most valuable asset in a trade, a guy who could fetch a significant offensive player in return. In a package with a prospect like Bemstrom you might get a top line winger and good DMan back.

Seth has generally been viewed as untouchable, but should he be? If you think I don’t like Jones, you’re wrong. It’s just that I think he offers a way for us to improve the team and manage contracts to performance. I suspect many here still feel Seth is a top 5/top 10 defenseman and will declare my take as heresy. That’s ok. After all I’m not the GM who makes those decisions.
Yup , it’s not about liking or disliking , your points are valid , and it’s asset management . Having both Jones and Werenski is a luxury . We could have a very solid D without one of them , and get an elite offensive player back that can carry the puck , pass and create offense , and make Laine a lethal weapon . As I said , your doing this with thoughts of longer term commitment towards Laine , and building around him .

Reactions: DJAnimosity

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If I’m Jarmo I’m looking for a partner for Jones. He seems very unenthusiastic as of late. To me it was evident on his penalty shot a few games ago.
What ? Werenski is a prime defenseman, I don’t know what other partner he needs ? Gavrikov to take more on the defensive side ?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I feel like Jones' days here are numbered with his upcoming UFA status, PLD's comments, shit play of late, and his mom's social media clues. I may not wait until 7/1/21 to be honest and I hope Jarmo is grokking this.
I just don’t see Jarmo trading him at all, he regards him as a core player and a ‘loyal’ player. They will try to re-sign him at all costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad