Line Combos: Roster/Lineup/Movement Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
You get a minus for a shorthanded goal against and a plus for a short handed goal for. That makes sense. You should get a minus if you give up a goal with a man advantage.

Now you're throwing in different situations (PK, PP) into one stat, but only if certain types of goals occur. It doesn't make sense and there's a reason a lot of people have stopped citing it as a meaningful stat.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Now you're throwing in different situations (PK, PP) into one stat, but only if certain types of goals occur. It doesn't make sense and there's a reason a lot of people have stopped citing it as a meaningful stat.
That is true. But just like other stats you could separate the 5 on 5 +/- out to get a better read, and use the special team stuff separate also.

I guess with the way I look at +/-, I kind of allow for those situations, which is why if a player is single digit +/-, I look at it as the guy is a wash. The further from even in either direction tells me more. Its not exact, but it saves me from doing math.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Seems silly to not consider advanced metrics when literally every NHL team has an analytics department

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
We’re listed as sellers.

upload_2021-3-17_18-11-28.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad