Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI: The End (The Apocalypse Is Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Why would we move our 3nd line center for a right handed defenseman making 6 million?

Like, why in God's name?

You mean our current 2C who’s himself almost a ppg all situations forward and who arguably contributing to our best player having a career year, like a 20% better than his previous best.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
georgiev is not getting a 3 million dollar raise! Holy cow lol

he’ll be at under 2 mil total cap hit. No way he’s getting more than that

Tough to find an arbitration eligible goalie who played in 50 or more NHL games at the time of their extension who did not get at least 4.5% of the cap. Geo having 74 games played already, likely more at time of extension is going to work in his favor.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Tough to find an arbitration eligible goalie who played in 50 or more NHL games at the time of their extension who did not get at least 4.5% of the cap. Geo having 74 games played already, likely more at time of extension is going to work in his favor.

Are there any good stats resources to see who is involved in Panarin’s scoring a lot?

Seems like TDA been involved in a lot lately...

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
If he got that award, he’s gone.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
At what point is what you see is what you get with Chytil . He’s very very young still but he doesn’t really drive play other than individual effort . He needs a lotta work on his slowing it down in the offensive zone , possession style of play . Might’ve been a big mistake not signing Hayes as I’m not sure that Fil has the vision , ability / IQ to be more than a good one on one player off the rush . I hope I’m wrong but at some point he needs to be able to slow play down and make some plays beyond shooting off the rush . Maybe it’s that we haven’t full committee to him as a center yet and yo yo him between wing and C . He has the size , skating and shot in just not seeing the sustained pressure and possession enough out of him .

Gauthier in his limited ice shows me absolutely nothing . Rarely takes a pass cleanly , so far he looks like a big stiff . Reminds me of Marcel Hossa , big body , looks to move well but a total stiff . He’s been fine on the fourth line but I’m not seeing top 6 upside on this kid . He either fumbles the puck on his first touches or gets it poked checked away easily . Very well might be a 4th liner or AAAA player .

Unless you’re a professional hockey scout or Kreskin, I would say don’t be worried yet. These things take time.
In life, being proactive is generally a good thing. But as fans it’s generally more enjoyable to just let things unfold. Just my opinion, anyhow.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
If he got that award, he’s gone.

Not saying it will get to the point of an award, more so usually a team offers about what they would get in arbitration at least for that RFA year(s) any award would give them.

For example say Saros, he did get 1.5M yet at the time of signing he played in 27 games.

Geo is not Binnington, Vasilevskiy, Murray yet he does have a similar amount, if not more regular season games played to those players when they signed RFA bridge deals in the 3.5 to 4.4M range, yet he does not have the playoff game resume, nor do his stats compare favorably.

Reactions: Leetch3

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Are there any good stats resources to see who is involved in Panarin’s scoring a lot?

There’s been a few posts on the subject that agree with my eyes so I’d say Strome, ADA, Fox and Zibanejad.

Reactions: Ola

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm

If you dig into the numbers there is a clear indication that the big leaps in production from Panarin and Zibanjead have a lot to do with DeAngelo and Fox.

These stats are from before the Philly game:
Panarin has scored 4.36 5v5 P/60 with DeAngelo, 4.68 with Fox and 2.13 with Trouba.
Zib has scored 3.7 with DeAngelo, 3.67 with Fox and 1.43 with Trouba.

For context to the rates, here is the top-15 in 5v5 P/60 this season:
upload_2020-3-1_0-24-16.png

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Not saying it will get to the point of an award, more so usually a team offers about what they would get in arbitration at least for that RFA year(s) any award would give them.

For example say Saros, he did get 1.5M yet at the time of signing he played in 27 games.

Geo is not Binnington, Vasilevskiy, Murray yet he does have a similar amount, if not more regular season games played to those players when they signed RFA bridge deals in the 3.5 to 4.4M range, yet he does not have the playoff game resume, nor do his stats compare favorably.
I disagree. Binnington had just won a Cup and that deal was largely that, not his games played. So the Rangers would offer Georgiev 3 million to avoid arbitration? If that were true, why wouldn't they just trade him first since he's never going to be the starter here? No one wants a $3 million backup.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Well our NHL coaches and management actually do agree with that strategy so guess you're out of luck there.
Im not making an argument of which is right or saying nyr thinks one way vs the other. You responded to my original comment that it seems some people would prefer an inferior player that plays their strong side as opposed to superior player on their weak side. Now you're making this a case of what our organization thinks. None of that is relevant to my comment that you originally replied to so im not sure why you feel compelled to keep replying.

BLEETCH1994

Jun 11, 2019
Don’t forget, this is the money-for-nothing era. Expecting a guy to give away his money to improve *my* isports entertainment experience, is kind of standard.

Of course, we all would give up millions for the good of the fans...lol. I sure would....pfft!

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So that Namestnikov trade at the start of the season to bank on cap space. Was it necessary?

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York
All of the Zucc trade talk is just fun speculative message board banter; but can you imagine anything crueler than bringing him back, only for him to find out that his BFF was retiring or being bought out? I don't think his little Norwegian heart could take it.

Reactions: Shesterkybomb

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
it was more to get a pick and play kids

C’mon... I’m not saying the underlying motivation was wrong even if it wasn’t realized but let’s not create alternative reality just yet since we all remember these “kids” playing on the 4th line and constant demands for better teammates for Andersson.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
C’mon... I’m not saying the underlying motivation was wrong even if it wasn’t realized but let’s not create alternative reality just yet since we all remember these “kids” playing on the 4th line and constant demands for better teammates for Andersson.

It was about creating space incase some of the rooks hit their bonuses.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m not sure Namestnikov would have been a quiet and happy camper playing on the 4th line of a rebuilding team in his UFA to be season.

He’d have a spot on the 3rd line at least (before DeGuiseppe arrived), or even higher - maybe taking Fast’s spot with Panarin. The Rangers could’ve had a couple of more points at the moment by Lemme or Howden being pushed to the 4th line earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese