Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI: The End (The Apocalypse Is Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think it's time to give Chytil some PK time. He can become another workhorse ala Zibs. I'm still suspect on his IQ/Awareness.

At worst he could be a great 3C... He still has a nice ceiling

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I saw one shift Total today from Panarin Chytil Fast

Chytil blew thru neutral zone dropped to Panarin who set up Fast for What should have been a tap in.

no one can convince me Chytil’s numbers don’t also go thru the roof playing with Panarin.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I saw one shift Total today from Panarin Chytil Fast

Chytil blew thru neutral zone dropped to Panarin who set up Fast for What should have been a tap in.

no one can convince me Chytil’s numbers don’t also go thru the roof playing with Panarin.

Just my opinion but Chytil is too north south for the breadman. I could get behind him instead of Fast but I dont think having 2 north south guys on with breadman would work well.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm not as down as everyone on Strome but in all honesty the time to deal him was at the deadline, since they didnt do it I'd say they are planning on keeping him.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
I'm not as down as everyone on Strome but in all honesty the time to deal him was at the deadline, since they didnt do it I'd say they are planning on keeping him.
Hes not a UFA and lacks any trade protection. Why wouldn't we trade him at the draft?

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
I know the convos strome but we have a couple of issues we should address.
1. Fire ruff, or change the d scheme. I know theyre young, but they just dont rlly tie up the nz and let zone entries happen.
2. What they are doing (sometimes correctly) is protecting the slot. Thats the most important and why we sometimes get outshot so much by bad teams, bc they just throw it on net.
3. What this game today shows isnt necessarily everything. Theyre tired. 3 games in 4 days is a lot, especially for the kids.
4. We need to pray that a prospect is NHL ready for the left side next season. I want staal and smith to never again be in the same game.
5. I believe smith to ottawa, as ive said since the beginning of this year, and after that we will prob buy out staal.
6. Sign some good vets next year(good for bottom six, dont overplay). Use them as leadership, clearly there iz some but not much.
7. Mika is no longer just elite, but entering superstar status
8. Kakko will be better, but right now he is on par with a 4th liner due to lack of expwrience and speed. Thatll come, the skill is clearly there.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Just my opinion but Chytil is too north south for the breadman. I could get behind him instead of Fast but I dont think having 2 north south guys on with breadman would work well.

this is like a weird myt thing I keep seeing pop up as if Panarin can only play with a guy like Strome. he crushed it with anisimov with Dubois he looks great with Mika who many here compare Chytil being a younger version. Panarin does a lot of damage at that half wall. Playing with a big center they can gain the line dish it off to him and open up space by going to the middle like he did on that play as well as a guy that can win board battles retrieve pucks and get them back to him is far more valuable. Panarin is an elite player he shouldn’t be tied to Ryan Strome as if that’s the only way he can produce

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
No, I mean with all our picks I hope we draft only 1 Dman, 2 at most. with our 1st rounders we definitely need to draft forwards.

good 4th line center, shouldn't be too difficult to find. We need to sign Barron.

Yes, I like Trouba's physical play but that contract is insane, and honestly he often makes bad defensive plays, and his offensive production hasn't been great.

Yeah I'm not 100% fan of the contract, but imo without a player like Trouba, our team is even more bland and our defense even more one dimensional. Same reason I'd keep DeAngelo over Fox if I had to choose between them.

I went to Cornell/worked around there a while after I graduated. Barron's on-ice success has been kind of a surprise, but I think he trains with Crosby and MacKinnon in the summer, so for sure he's picked up something from those two elites. I think he needs at least a season in the AHL to marinate though.

Reactions: Crease

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I could see a team moving a relatively high 2nd + higher end prospect or another 2nd for Strome. Maybe a team like Buffalo or Dallas who also have elite level talent he could play with.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah I'm not 100% fan of the contract, but imo without a player like Trouba, our team is even more bland and our defense even more one dimensional. Same reason I'd keep DeAngelo over Fox if I had to choose between them.

I went to Cornell/worked around there a while after I graduated. Barron's on-ice success has been kind of a surprise, but I think he trains with Crosby and MacKinnon in the summer, so for sure he's picked up something from those two elites. I think he needs at least a season in the AHL to marinate though.

Go Big Red.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I'm routinely unimpressed with pro scouting so it wouldn't surprise me if at least one team out there sees Strome's numbers and holds him in higher regard than the Rangers do.

I wouldn't want a draft pick though. Maybe the play is to trade Strome for a LHD and promote Chytil. Andersson, Howden, and a veteran signing could round out the bottom two Cs.

Last edited:

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
this is like a weird myt thing I keep seeing pop up as if Panarin can only play with a guy like Strome. he crushed it with anisimov with Dubois he looks great with Mika who many here compare Chytil being a younger version. Panarin does a lot of damage at that half wall. Playing with a big center they can gain the line dish it off to him and open up space by going to the middle like he did on that play as well as a guy that can win board battles retrieve pucks and get them back to him is far more valuable. Panarin is an elite player he shouldn’t be tied to Ryan Strome as if that’s the only way he can produce

All those guys you listed are east west guys, and any comparison to Mika isnt accurate. Mika has always been a high skill, high iq player. Chytil does a lot of his work because of his straight line speed. As I said before I have no problem with them being linemates but the third guy has to be more of a east west guy to set things up. The more accurate comparison on our team would be Kreider to Chytil. Outside of the physical attributes Kreider has they play basically the same style. Im sure that's why Quinn tried him in Kreiders spot if only briefly and id be ok if he gave him another extended shot there. Not sure if that explains what I mean well enough or not.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Someone will bite know Strome if he is available. Even if a team views him as a 3rd line center, the amount of teams looking for that will be pretty big.

Just hope Gorton doesn't think that with keeping Kreider that we need to change gears and keep him. He's not the answer.

I'd honestly look at packaging our later 1st and Strome and see if we can get someone on term that can fill that 2C role well.

Not sure if he's played it enough, but does anyone watch Anaheim enough to know if Rakell plays center? I know he came up as one, and is on wing right now. Feel like he's a smarter player that would work well here.

Anaheim could get a temporary replacement and a #1 to help their rebuild. Maybe a bigger trade if they look at Lindholm too.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I can get behind trading Strome if we have a viable option to play with Panarin,because as we have seen so far, when Strome isn't going Panarin goes with Mika because there isn't any other viable option. The other thing in play is if Panarin likes playing with Strome, if he does then he isnt going anywhere.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
If they even decide to move Strome, I don't think it'll be for a pick and a prospect. They'll try to move him to fill a need at another position in a player-for-player swap. I'm starting to think we're past the point where Gorton is looking to move his guys for rental prices. IMO, Gorton sees the framework for the team he wants to build for the 2020s decade, and he'll do what he needs to do to add to that core.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
If they even decide to move Strome, I don't think it'll be for a pick and a prospect. They'll try to move him to fill a need at another position in a player-for-player swap. I'm starting to think we're past the point where Gorton is looking to move his guys for rental prices. IMO, Gorton sees the framework for the team he wants to build for the 2020s decade, and he'll do what he needs to do to add to that core.

If we can move Strome for an upgrade at LD I'm very interested, otherwise we are probably better off keeping him until at least next year's TDL

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
This management group was able to realize Stepan Brassard and Brady Skjei more recently weren’t going to get it done. I’m hoping they see what Ryan Strome really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad