Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXVI: The End (The Apocalypse Is Now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hypothetically speaking would you trade Lias Anderson and a 4th to minnesota for Zuccarello with enough retained that his contract ended up around 4 mill. Just bored thinking of scenarios

Yes, I would scrap the rebuild and make this team as old and expensive as I can

Reactions: Inferno

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Well I don’t think you’d subtract Buch AND DeAngelo for only Hanafin and Bennett. So yes, within that context, no they would certainly not be a better team.

Now within the context of trading Andersson and Buch for Hanafin and Bennett, they could potentially be closer, with an emphasis on trying to be more balanced.

But again, it’s only one potential path forward they’ve explored/will explore.

They'd be bringing in ~7.5M and only outgoing ~3.1M

Also if they did not send back an expansion eligible defender in this or some other deal they are exposing someone.

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
should he have blended in immediately and netted a hat trick? What does that say about you as a fan who draw a negative conclusion on a kid despite limited opportunities to see?
I’d be happy with not fumbling every touch . I’m not pessimistic about the player I’m just not sure there’s a lot there .

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Unless they find a way to reduce the ~18.5m in cap hits to Lundqvist, Staal, Smith any even mid sized cap hit added will need to have an ~equal one removed.

Those being removed I believe are going to likely be Buch, ADA or Georgiev. No one else, who does not have a clause, really has or will have the cap hit to make space for any incoming cap hit besides Strome.

If they do buyout Lundqvist that cap space is being absorbed by Georgiev's next deal. If they keep Lundqvist there is not a lot of cap savings by them sending out Geo.

If they do buyout Smith/Staal that cap space is being absorbed by the combo of raises to Strome and ADA. They would also need to backfill at least one D spot vacated in that process with some cap hit.

Is the team really improved by subtracting Buch and ADA and them adding in Hanafin and Bennett?

I'd say 'shot to pieces' is a decent description of what a Buch+ADA for Hanifin+Bennett swap would do to our team.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Yes, I would scrap the rebuild and make this team as old and expensive as I can

Not scrapping anything...zuccarello at 4 mill for 4 years would be better than Fast at 3 would he not? I'm not exactly saying this is a good idea but might be a nice 3rd line guy to have later on.

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
sure you are. You’re moving out Lias and a 4th Rounder for a higher priced aging vet who has surpassed 20 goals only once.
You can make a point without distorting reality. Zuccarello was always a playmaker. Dishing the puck is as important as putting it in the net. One often doesn't happen without the other. This is an unlikely hypo, but Lias and a 4th for a retained salary Zuccarello is a great way to add forward and scoring depth which is in fact our greatest weakness right now. This, plus the fact that Zuccarello was always well liked here by fans and in the locker room.

Reactions: Shesterkybomb

Fire Rangers Mods

Feb 24, 2018
I think that Chytil has a lot of potential and that he will be really interesting to follow going forward.

Remember that Zibanejad only had 33 pts when he was 21 y/o. Chytil is skating really well, he is good around the net, he can buy himself time and move the puck fairly well.

He is a tad ‘rushed’ in how he plays right now. Doesn’t change tempo that often or calm things down, but that could certainly improve.

I don't think Chytil is a a very good center. Convert him to a wing. He sucks on faceoffs and he is not great playmaker. Why are they trying to make him play center I don't really understand.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You can make a point without distorting reality. Zuccarello was always a playmaker. Dishing the puck is as important as putting it in the net. One often doesn't happen without the other. This is an unlikely hypo, but Lias and a 4th for a retained salary Zuccarello is a great way to add forward and scoring depth which is in fact our greatest weakness right now. This, plus the fact that Zuccarello was always well liked here by fans and in the locker room.

Ranger panic lol. How convenient of you to dismiss cheap and young Lias Anderson plus a 4th for an aging and more costly players. Keep ignoring reality including the cap b/c I didn’t include his assists but always remember to include the emotion “he was always liked here by the fans” lol. By all means, trade for more players you like and claim others are distorting reality.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I think that Chytil has a lot of potential and that he will be really interesting to follow going forward.

Remember that Zibanejad only had 33 pts when he was 21 y/o. Chytil is skating really well, he is good around the net, he can buy himself time and move the puck fairly well.

He is a tad ‘rushed’ in how he plays right now. Doesn’t change tempo that often or calm things down, but that could certainly improve.
100%, @Ola. I cannot wait to see how he plays in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Ola

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Ranger panic lol. How convenient of you to dismiss cheap and young Lias Anderson plus a 4th for an aging and more costly players. Keep ignoring reality including the cap b/c I didn’t include his assists but always remember to include the emotion “he was always liked here by the fans” lol. By all means, trade for more players you like and claim others are distorting reality.
You might as well have said, '...for Zuccarello, who never was very tall.' Completely ignorant of what Zuccarello actually did. And who hasn't dismissed Lias? He has zero trade value atm.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
You might as well have said, '...for Zuccarello, who never was very tall.' Completely ignorant of what Zuccarello actually did. And who hasn't dismissed Lias? He has zero trade value atm.

As usual, you said that, I didn’t.

but hey, buy high and sell low. Add in some age and more cap to rebuild the team from 4 years ago and cheer your heart out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA