Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Per Sam, Lundy worked out hard today on the ice and after, and he and quinn felt the team would be better served with georgiev backing up given the magnitude of the game.
That is ridiculous, when Henke has been used as the superbackup for weeks now. Continued gradual phase out of Henke...

Reactions: NYRangers16

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not really. Henrik has always been a rythm goaltender, and he hasn't played in weeks.
What does that have to do with this? The guy has been dressing as a backup for weeks and hasn't been playing at all and they clearly have no intentions to play him. they literally just sat him in a three-game in four-night stretch. He's been made a glorified backup and now they're taking away his backup status. It's a phase-out

Reactions: NYRangers16

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The price would be big, but boy I'd love to get Slavin out of Carolina...
Yeah it would be beyond big. Along the lines of multiple firsts and top prospect and roster player. Something we should not pay. Just need to continue to draft well and hope one of our LHD prospects become special like him.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
I do not believe they have given permission to talk extension with other teams as of this post.
So this topic has been rattling around my head in general. I would guess that in this particular case permission hasn't been granted because we are still negotiating.

But is it possible a team prevented discussions to hide the fact the player is asking for crazy money, which could potentially hurt his value since it's obvious teams wouldn't be able to re-sign him?

And I have a feeling Chris is asking for a lot. All you need is a team with decent cap next season that is banking on the TV money rolling in the following year. Hot seat GMs in particular will be making waves to just save their jobs.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If they win tomorrow against San Jose no way this team is trading Strome/Fast or even Georgiev. I'm not saying that's the right thing I'm just saying JG is not gonna throw this playoff push away.
Kreider probably 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad