Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Gorton is totally f***ing this up by waiting for the last minute.

He knows he needs to either trade Kreider by Monday or sign him or risk getting John Tavared. The longer he waits the more leverage other GMs have and Kreider has and they all know this.

In the end we either will trade Kreider for a low value deal, or we will sign Kreider for a terrible team for the team.

He should have given Kreider a take it or leave it deal days ago. Gorton is dropping the ball on this.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
The more and more games they win the more of a villain Gorton will look like to both the fanbase and the locker room at least in the immediate aftermath. God help this place if they go on a losing streak after the deadline.

Last edited:

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Gorton is totally f*cking this up by waiting for the last minute.

He knows he needs to either trade Kreider by Monday or sign him or risk getting John Tavared. The longer he waits the more leverage other GMs have and Kreider has and they all know this.

In the end we either will trade Kreider for a low value deal, or we will sign Kreider for a terrible team for the team.

He should have given Kreider a take it or leave it deal days ago. Gorton is dropping the ball on this.
:laugh:

do you have money riding on this or something?

Reactions: ecemleafs and RGY

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Depends on what offers hes been getting though... if it's nothing that moves the needle than getting some meaningful games in for.this young core and giving them something to build on for next year might be worth more than a late 1st and middling prospect.

If he turned down something like Cody Glass and a 2nd or McMichael and a 1st or Robertston++ from TO than he should be fired.

If the offers out there just aren't doing it than I dont blame him for waiting this out

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

He waited till the deadline to move Hayes last year, worked out well.

Moved Zucc first, a bunch of people still complain that he didn't get back enough.

Hes the top player available. Multiple teams will still be interested should this drag into Monday.

GoAwayGiannone

Feb 2, 2012
Queens, New York
Kreider has Gorton looking like:
giphy (9).gif

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
This trade was always gonna happen on monday at some point. Not sure why anyone is surprised.
right now nobody knows anything g for sure. Edge said it was 60-40 a trade today but then Boston dropped out and we won a big game. Things are a bit different now. I’m not saying it won’t happen but it’s not a slam dunk anymore that’s for sure

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

Moved Zucc first, a bunch of people still complain that he didn't get back enough.

Hes the top player available. Multiple teams will still be interested should this drag into Monday

We Shall see. Let’s be honest there was no chance in hell Hayes was resigning. It’s been a different case with Kreider since they have been talking

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Hes the top player available. Multiple teams will still be interested should this drag into Monday.
Thought the Zucc trade was terrible. Hayes was already being sat out, teams knew the Rangers werent looking to sign him so it was all on them. Different scenarios

Last edited:
Reactions: NYRangers0723

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We Shall see. Let’s be honest there was no chance in hell Hayes was resigning. It’s been a different case with Kreider since they have been talking

Not the point.

TCG was complaining about JG waiting too long. I don't think the landscape of the market changes much between now and then. Hes the top guy, that isn't changing.

Reactions: Thirty One

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Not the point.

TCG was complaining about JG waiting too long. I don't think the landscape of the market changes much between now and then. Hes the top guy, that isn't changing.
I disagree. I think some have their sights set way too high. Boston dropping out feels to me that there is substantial discussions with Gorton and CK and/or Gorton won’t budge with his asking price. Look I’m not telling you it won’t end up being a trade but I just feel if Gorton was confident he was getting a big offer and had no desire to possibly work out a new deal CK would have been gone or sitting. I know you are absolutely pro trade and I respect that but you gotta admit it’s not as clear cut as it was the last two years

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
The more and more games they win the more of a villain Gorton will look like to both the fanbase and the locker room at least in the immediate aftermath. God help this place if they go on a losing streak after the deadline

Honestly some actually want to lose instead of possibly getting into the playoffs

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I disagree. I think some have their sights set way too high. Boston dropping out feels to me that there is substantial discussions with Gorton and CK and/or Gorton won’t budge with his asking price. Look I’m not telling you it won’t end up being a trade but I just feel if Gorton was confident he was getting a big offer and had no desire to possibly work out a new deal CK would have been gone or sitting. I know you are absolutely pro trade and I respect that but you gotta admit it’s not as clear cut as it was the last two years

Thats a stretch, well the first half. If you take what Sweeney says at face value, they wanted a RW over a LW and were able to unload a bad contract.

The asking price may have been too high, but Boston to be always had the shallowest pool of assets of the interested teams. I feel like had there been substantial progress made with the contract talks we would have heard about it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Thats a stretch, well the first half. If you take what Sweeney says at face value, they wanted a RW over a LW and were able to unload a bad contract.

The asking price may have been too high, but Boston to be always had the shallowest pool of assets of the interested teams. I feel like had there been substantial progress made with the contract talks we would have heard about it.
from who...

Gorton runs a tight ship. We're due for a Brooks piece

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019

The asking price may have been too high, but Boston to be always had the shallowest pool of assets of the interested teams. I feel like had there been substantial progress made with the contract talks we would have heard about it

Yes I agree talks should have been earlier but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t having them now. If the Rangers were at the bottom of the league then you would be completely right but this team has a shot. The KZB line can do this for a long time I feel they aren’t old by any means. A lot of things to take into account. I’m sorry I’m just not convinced we are getting dynamite offer. Maybe a decent one is more realistic but not what Gorton wants

Reactions: wafflepadsave

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
def more teams are in on kreider then just bos and col.. 16 teams make the playoffs and with kreiders cap hit.. everyone of those 16 can take him on with 50% retain and us taking back additional salary if needed.. those who think gordon is sleeping are ridiculous

Reactions: GoAwayStaal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad