Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
With the Rangers sending scouts to the Kings for back to back games I’m thinking maybe that is a destination for Lias Andersson. His pop is still a scout with the Kings.

Kings have a lot of prospect depth, but if prospect for prospect why are the scouts watching the big club?

Then again Vilardi played in both of those games as well.

Something around Anderson and Vilardi? Both had their own separate issues during their developmental stages post draft. Maybe a small add to get it done?
Awwww, they scout the kings yearly. Nothing to see here.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
When putting together a package for Eichel, Buffalo would realistically want a top 9 forward or top 4 forward, two top prospects and a 1st to start.

If Eichel demands a trade, and with his $10 million cap hit, the value doesn't diminish considerably, but I'm not sure that Eichel would garner more than what's above.

Michal

Apr 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
If we're talking Tkachuk or Eichel, there are no untouchable prospects except for Kakko.

Think Gorton has the balls to go out and get both?

Kreider goes for good prospect and a 1st this deadline

Tkachuk comes in for Buchnevich, Miller, 1st from Kreider trade this deadline

Eichel comes in for Skjei, Kravtsov, prospect from Kreider trade

Lundqvist retires.

Next year:

Tkachuk-Zib-Kakko
Panarin-Eichel-Strome
Lemieux-Chytil-Gauthier
DiGi-Howden-Vet UFA/Fast?

DeAngelo-Trouba
Lindgren-Fox
Staal/Smith-Rykov/Vet UFA

Igor
Geo

LFG.

No chance for these trades. Calg and Buf would reject these offers immediately.

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
They aren’t self renting CK nor should they. If they cant resign him then they must trade him even if it’s not a great return
I hate the self rental stuff, it is dumb. Why would keep a player to lose him a couple of months later when your out of the playoffs, and a very slim chance of making it in to the playoffs. Sounds like bad management.

WilsonNY14

Jun 18, 2018
So, a week prior to the deadline the club is going to send 2 scouts to watch a West coast club they don’t play for the rest of the year in back to back games?
They've done this the past couple years with the Kings and no trades happened. May turn into something, but I think the poster is just saying to take it with a grain of salt for now and level set expectations, that's all.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I think if there’s a deal to be made with the Kings, it would be for Kupari who is having a somewhat rough go of it in the AHL this year.

Could be, but he wasn’t with the big club. If I they were looking toward Kupari they would have been watching the Ontario Reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad