Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIV: Walk the line into the ring of fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Edge and rest of the board - please accept my pre-apologies. I know there is a protocol here and I don't want to get flamed. If you can't answer - I understand. Given that the gap is so far apart, has Kreider's agent been given permission to talk extension with other teams? Go easy on me guys - I would think it was discussed but couldn't find it.

Now you've done it...

Last edited:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
i wish I could get a clear answer on what significant means. But I am starting to suspect he might want more than $7 million. But that’s me speculating. No one has given me a number.
For five years, I’d think the Rangers would be amenable, no? It’s term that’s the issue, would you say?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
jas I joined in 2003 and only have 1,000 posts. - my avatar is Pat Hickey in the Ferguson jerseys. Please, go easy.
Love that jersey on Hickey. I’d be so impressed if they made that an alternate look.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I have no doubt Kreider could ask for more than 7x7 and get it

Hayes got more and while he is a center, Kreider is the better player
Yep. Kreider is a difference-maker. Maybe not always, but he has an extra gear, when compared to Hayes.
Not that I think Kreider has essentially changed as a player, despite his recent amazing play. And I would definitely expect more of what we’re used to over the past few seasons, we’re he to re-sign.
But I still think inconsistent Kreider is a more valuable player than Hayes.

Reactions: jas

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Jas once dated Pat Hickeys grandma. Now get off his stoop before he gets to shoo-ing.

Wrong.

He babysat Pat Hickey's grandma.

upload_2020-2-22_8-53-38.gif

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
At this point I’m putting my trust in Gorton to do the right thing, which is not budge on a ridiculous contract for Kreider and move him
At this point I feel like Gorton hasn't done anything and we will either trade him for pennies on the dollar or lose him to FA and get nothing

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Until today I was very much in the keep Kreider camp but I've come around on the idea of trading him.
If we stay with the current formula of Zibby + Panarin being ppg guys on seperate lines for the forseeable future, all we really need the likes of Kakko/Buch/Kravtsov to be are 40-60 point support players, kind of like Kreider is now.
Having the ability to pay those guys long term and use the futures we receive from Kreider to either package for a star D or keep the flow of ELC depth for our true window is a no-brainer for me. No need to rush the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad