Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XXXVII

Trading Kreider plus small add for 7th-9th overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Absolutely without thinking twice.

He's going sooner or later, get one of those top players in the draft in the 3-8 position and we will have the best prospects in the league.

Plus i'm tired of seeing Kreiders disappearing act 5x a season and don't want the kids to follow suit.

Reactions: Metranger

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
PK Subban is about to turn 30. If we're going to pay a RHD $9M, why not go hard after Henkes best friend?

Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So who would trade Kakko for Laine, straight up?
That's a real thinker...but I think after his disappointing season it makes it a bit easier so say no.

If he had a 50 goal/80 point season I'd say yes. But even then you really never know if Kakko will go full blown Franchise player and be even better than that.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
PK Subban is about to turn 30. If we're going to pay a RHD $9M, why not go hard after Henkes best friend?

Karlsson returned to nothing and a 1st and a 2nd.

GMs has been extremely cautious to take on money and term the last years. I just cannot fanthom that any GM is willing to (i) take on 9m of cap space, and (ii) give up tier A futures.

Like just the teams that realistically can fit him in is a smaller number. But if Nashville is willing to take a RD back with term it of course changes things. Then I can see them getting bigger names back. But if it’s Subban for futures to get mobility then it would surprise me a lot of anyone gave up a bounty. Just look at the Karlsson trade. If teams wherent willing to give up more for Karlsson, why do it for Subban?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah, I thought it was implied. Karlsson > Subban, so it would be > than 9M

The point was, why give up assets when you could just sign one?

I'd rather have EK than Subban, but hes going to be expensive as f***.

Its going to be ultra tempting if he doesn't sign with San Jose after he reminds everyone how good he is these playoffs, but they still shouldn't do it.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Does anyone have any concern that Zibby will be playing with two wingers that are either A) very very young under 19 and/or B) playing with Wingers who really haven't proven themselves to be speed demon first line wingers (like a Buch or a Names or Lemieux)? I just would love to see Zibby continue playing with Kreider and then adding a Kravtsov or a Buch that is upward trending in his development.
But hey If the Rangers really love Zegras AND feel Kakko can immediately fill the Kreider void then I guess long term could make sense. I just don't think it is as clear cut from the tangible and intangible side as it looks

Reactions: eco's bones

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Does anyone have any concern that Zibby will be playing with two wingers that are either A) very very young under 19 and/or B) playing with Wingers who really haven't proven themselves to be speed demon first line wingers (like a Buch or a Names or Lemieux)? I just would love to see Zibby continue playing with Kreider and then adding a Kravtsov or a Buch that is upward trending in his development.
But hey If the Rangers really love Zegras AND feel Kakko can immediately fill the Kreider void then I guess long term could make sense. I just don't think it is as clear cut from the tangible and intangible side as it looks

Nope zero concern. We arent winning the cup next year anyway and I dont care if Zibbys point totals go down.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
EK just scares me. He's probably gonna have a great playoffs get paid mega bucks (Bigger than Doughty's 8 year deal) like a 8/9 year 90-100 million dollars.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
OK, I am waiving good bye to the RW fantasies to launch a new buy low LS candidate.

Robby Fabbri from STL. Long off-season and he should be good to go next year!

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
To further extrapolate in my past connections;

Panarin + Kakko = Panko
Breadman and Bread crumbs

Kakko, phonetically means 'bad' in Greek.
Breadman and Badman; as in, 'Kakko, he's a baaaaaad man'.

This is irrefutable proof.

Destiny.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Well, I think it's more about whether they think Kreider is an investment they want to make over the long-haul, and on what terms.

I don't think the decision on Kreider rests on getting another high draft pick, so much as that decision may coincide with getting another high draft pick.

If the Rangers are okay with a long-term commitment to Kreider, moving him is likely off the table.

If the Rangers have concerns about a long-term commitment to Kreider, then the follow-up questions are when to move him and what deal maximizes his value.

It's at that point, that a process might commense that results in the Rangers using Kreider, or a return obtained for him, as part of efforts to move up in the draft.

Reactions: klingsor and jas

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
OK, I am waiving good bye to the RW fantasies to launch a new buy low LS candidate.

Robby Fabbri from STL. Long off-season and he should be good to go next year!
Would still cost a decent amount I think

Reactions: Ola

BLOCKERSAVE

Jan 16, 2013
Can anybody explain how the draft order works , do they use the regular season points as draft position or the order in which a team lost in the playoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad