Trading Kreider plus small add for 7th-9th overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I've been reading some other material here on HF. Some are under the mindset that since the Rangers have a lot of wingers, we won't draft Kakko. I say this not to get the board worked up (because I don't believe it for a second), I say it because it is funny how some fan bases are convincing themselves that this is a possibility. Thankfully ours never does that :sarcasm:

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I've been reading some other material here on HF. Some are under the mindset that since the Rangers have a lot of wingers, we won't draft Kakko. I say this not to get the board worked up (because I don't believe it for a second), I say it because it is funny how some fan bases are convincing themselves that this is a possibility. Thankfully ours never does that :sarcasm:

You mean like how Pittsburgh passed on Crosby because they had Malkin?

Reactions: Inferno

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Reading Carp's article and comments in the athletic and hes really on the sign panarin train.

Not terribly surprising. Does anyone think Reporters love covering the Rangers in their current state, with no free agent signings, no playoff battles, and no real emerging stories?

Watching a rebuild where kids come along slow but steady can be difficult for the average fan, let alone someone who has to make their living writing about it.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Not terribly surprising. Does anyone think Reporters love covering the Rangers in their current state, with no free agent signings, no playoff battles, and no real emerging stories?

Watching a rebuild where kids come along slow but steady can be difficult for the average fan, let alone someone who has to make their living writing about it.

They could write about other stuff, like the prospects, the cap, different contract levels, expansion, the next CBA.

Heck they could write about how they were wrong when they pimped up the last several UFAs the Rangers signed and how that did not lead to exactly what they thought it would.

Reactions: egelband

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
With the Quenneville signing in Florida, I'm starting to believe the Panarin/Bobrovsky package deal is likely to happen. Q coached Panarin, that team has some good pieces and who doesn't love some tax-free money while living in beautitful Ft. Lauderdale?

Reactions: jas

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

Just like Lundqvist is adjusting to the success level of what this team, the reporters who follow it have to adjust too

Reactions: egelband and Edge

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I've been a staunch advocate of going hard after both Panarin and Karlsson. 2 great foundational pieces for the team to surround our youngsters with talent and leadership.

Understand, this move isn't to try and get the Rangers to compete for the playoffs next year. This is so our franchise has some elite gamebreaking talent for our young coach to lean on, and for our young players to look up to and learn from. It also allows us to deal Kreider and other vets without worrying about having to play our rookies in a spot they aren't comfortable in. Look at teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, LA, NJ. Having an elite talent or two doesn't mean they will be successful or cant rebuild.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
With the Quenneville signing in Florida, I'm starting to believe the Panarin/Bobrovsky package deal is likely to happen. Q coached Panarin, that team has some good pieces and who doesn't love some tax-free money while living in beautitful Ft. Lauderdale?
I could see it. Their pitch is probably going to be along the lines of building not only a special team, but building a fan base and community for hockey down there, and the owner has clearly shown he’s willing to spend the money to do it

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Chicago's board right after the lottery was saying there's a chance we go off the board because we love being the smartest team in the room....like there has been much of a sample to go by with us drafting at the top of the draft in the past 50 years...

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I think a lot of people interpret getting the 2nd overall as meaning Kreider is for sure gone - I think it is the opposite. I think there is an even greater chance that he stays now. It curbs our need to trade off even more assets. I also think it allows us to deal somethjng we would have used as a building, say the 37th overall, for a piece like Adam Fox - that is by definition acceleration of the rebuild.

If no changes are made except contract extensions, draft picks, and Fox, then we’d be looking at:

Kreider Zib Buch
Chytil Strome Kakko/Kravstov
Lemiuex Andersson Kravstov/Kakko
Vesey Howden Fast

Names? Nieves? Pionk? Someone would have to be moved, no?

Skjei DeAngelo
Staal Fox
Hajek Shattenkirk

Lindgren, Miller, Lindqvist, Barron, Rykov, and other picks all in the pipeline

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Chicago's board right after the lottery was saying there's a chance we go off the board because we love being the smartest team in the room....like there has been much of a sample to go by with us drafting at the top of the draft in the past 50 years...
Yeah. Like I said, I've been doing a lot of reading around HF as a whole. The hot takes on what we will do have been... borderline hilarious.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think a lot of people interpret getting the 2nd overall as meaning Kreider is for sure gone - I think it is the opposite. I think there is an even greater chance that he stays now. It curbs our need to trade off even more assets. I also think it allows us to deal somethjng we would have used as a building, say the 37th overall, for a piece like Adam Fox - that is by definition acceleration of the rebuild.

If no changes are made except contract extensions, draft picks, and Fox, then we’d be looking at:

Kreider Zib Buch
Chytil Strome Kakko/Kravstov
Lemiuex Andersson Kravstov/Kakko
Vesey Howden Fast

Names? Nieves? Pionk? Someone would have to be moved, no?

Skjei DeAngelo
Staal Fox
Hajek Shattenkirk

Lindgren, Miller, Lindqvist, Barron, Rykov, and other picks all in the pipeline

Kreider’s fate as a Ranger rests solely on his contract demands.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What other playmakin LW'ers could be a target? besides the obvious Panarin.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

When you have elite talent on the board, you take it. Figure it out afterwards, but never take less value based on the future assumptions.

In this draft, there are two guys everyone agrees on for the top of the draft.

And any team who drafts them is not only adding their talent, they are adding a cost-controlled player, in a salary-capped league, for the next decade.

So even beyond talent, there are other considerations at work.

Reactions: bleedblue94

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
They could write about other stuff, like the prospects, the cap, different contract levels, expansion, the next CBA.

Heck they could write about how they were wrong when they pimped up the last several UFAs the Rangers signed and how that did not lead to exactly what they thought it would.

We'd read about some of those topics. The average fan would lose interest fairly quickly, especially over a long-enough period of time.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
So Kevin Hayes finished the season with 54 points between the Rangers and the Jets. Kreider finished with 52 points. The Rangers were unwilling to go long-term with Hayes who will hit UFA YOUNGER than Kreider and plays a more important overall role on the team (PK, PP, ES).

I know Kreider has a longer track record of scoring goals but Hayes had 49 points and 44 points before 54 this year. It's not like he went from 20 --> 54. I just don't see how Gorton would think signing Kreider @ 29 years old would be a good move when not signing Hayes or McDonagh were also good moves. It seems to run in the direct opposite direction that he seems to have chosen.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Chicago fans?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
When it comes to Panarin, Florida has:
- His former coach that he loves
- A former linemate and good friend in Dadonov
- Great weather
- Low taxes
- A great young roster ready to compete
- Is also the front runner to land his friend and current teammate in Bob