Trading Kreider plus small add for 7th-9th overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Neither Panarin nor Kakko fix a bottom-3 league defense.

Neither does Fox, who, frankly, will likely need a year in the AHL.

The player who was 11th in rel CF% this year and 3rd last year does quite a bit to help fix the defense despite not being listed as a defenseman.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
When it comes to Panarin, Florida has:
- His former coach that he loves
- A former linemate and good friend in Dadonov
- Great weather
- Low taxes
- A great young roster ready to compete
- Is also the front runner to land his friend and current teammate in Bob

We have:
- Everyone wants to play in NY
- Other Russians also live in NY
- Our team will be good in a few years

Seems close.
Yo dont put it like that man. Ur way makes it look like we can't compete.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Kreider out for Car 1st + Fox
Buyout Staal mainly for the roster spot and to use extra cash for early re-signs on longer deals (4-5 years) on players like Buch and Lemieux
Roll the kids next year - fun for the fans, and still finish with likely a top 10 pick

Chytil Zib Buch
Andersson Strome Kravstov
Lemieux Howden Kakko
Vesey Nieves Fast
Names

Skjei Shattenkirk
Hajek DeAngelo
Lindgren Fox

Reactions: egelband

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
The #2 isn't changing the plan IMO

We as fans tend to see (some of us anyway) a big acceleration, but I don't think Gorts and the front office see that.

I still maintain that 2021 is when we see us really climb altitude

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

We as fans tend to see (some of us anyway) a big acceleration, but I don't think Gorts and the front office see that.

Unless I was either A. Drunk or B. barely conscious from blood loss from a dog bite, I could have sworn that after winning the pick, Gorts mentioned that this definitely accelerates our plans.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

That really puts on damper on signing both Panarin and EK. How dare you?

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
Going to play fantasy off season here..

Chris Kreider + Lias Andersson + Jets 1st for PK Subban

Dump:
Jimmy Vesey and Neal Poink

Draft:
Kaapo Kakko

Free Agency:
Artemi Panarin 6/70m
Joe Thornton 1/6m

Forwards:
Panarin — Zibanejad — Kakko
Buchnevich — Thornton — Kravtsov
Chytil — Strome — Namestnikov
Lemieux — Howden — Fast

Defense:
P.K. Subban — Brady Skjei
Brendon Smith — Tony DeAngelo
Kevin Shattenkirk — Libor Hajek
Marc Staal

Goaltending:
Henrik Lundqvist
Igor Shestyorkin

One last run for Hanke to win a cup, also for that matter Thornton (although it’ll never happen irl)

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Unless I was either A. Drunk or B. barely conscious from blood loss from a dog bite, I could have sworn that after winning the pick, Gorts mentioned that this definitely accelerates our plans.

Yeah but the plan was set out until 2028, so likely only accelerates it to 2026 now.

Kind of just kidding but since we don't have him giving us his timeline of anything, we have no idea if he has a 3, 4, 5 year plan or longer, shorter, or none at all.

I think we have to wait on the letter that states in ambiguous terms that they are done rebuilding or not. Probably the letter that states ticket prices are going up.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Going to play fantasy off season here..

Chris Kreider + Lias Andersson + Jets 1st for PK Subban

Dump:
Jimmy Vesey and Neal Poink

Draft:
Kaapo Kakko

Free Agency:
Artemi Panarin 6/70m
Joe Thornton 1/6m

Forwards:
Panarin — Zibanejad — Kakko
Buchnevich — Thornton — Kravtsov
Chytil — Strome — Namestnikov
Lemieux — Howden — Fast

Defense:
P.K. Subban — Brady Skjei
Brendon Smith — Tony DeAngelo
Kevin Shattenkirk — Libor Hajek
Marc Staal

Goaltending:
Henrik Lundqvist
Igor Shestyorkin

One last run for Hanke to win a cup, also for that matter Thornton (although it’ll never happen irl)

My initial reaction is I don't make the Subban trade. There's just too much value going. Especially when the defense you have is still questionable when Subban is included.

The roster you project features two rookies who would be new to North America playing in the top 6.

But the biggest part is the lack of patience with the process. And as much as I want Hank to win the Cup, that desire does not take priority over the long-term wellness of the organization.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
My initial reaction is I don't make the Subban trade. There's just too much value going. Especially when the defense you have is still questionable when Subban is included.

The roster you project features two rookies who would be new to North America playing in the top 6.

But the biggest part is the lack of patience with the process. And as much as I want Hank to win the Cup, that desire does not take priority over the long-term wellness of the organization.

Yeah, for these reasons, it's also a no for me.

Fun roster, though.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I've been a staunch advocate of going hard after both Panarin and Karlsson. 2 great foundational pieces for the team to surround our youngsters with talent and leadership.

Understand, this move isn't to try and get the Rangers to compete for the playoffs next year. This is so our franchise has some elite gamebreaking talent for our young coach to lean on, and for our young players to look up to and learn from. It also allows us to deal Kreider and other vets without worrying about having to play our rookies in a spot they aren't comfortable in. Look at teams like Edmonton, Buffalo, LA, NJ. Having an elite talent or two doesn't mean they will be successful or cant rebuild.

I certainly get what you mean and I also agree with your underlying motive.

But I think we will be able to acquire — more and better — support for the kids if we stay out of free agency.

Like we already have 61m on the books next season. 4 RFAs to sign, and they are pretty good. TDA, Pionk, Buch and Lemieux. Nobody is lining up to get Gorton’s acquisitions, they werent good at all. Namestnikov, Shatty and Smith.

Gorton will have to work some real magic to fit in both Karlsson and Panarin, I am not even sure he could fit in p e of them, but it seems likely. Strome should be tradeable for futures.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I don't see what Puljujarvi can contribute to Kakko feeling comfortable in New York while he's in Hartford ;)

Kakko won’t get demoted. ;)

Seriously though, one big disadvantage with Kakko is that it kills all my ideas for fun RWs, Lazar, Pulju and co.

Now I need to dig up some similar LWs, small, fast, hardworking. Straka type. :)

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
I think it speeds it up in that we now have one big question that’s a pretty sure bet to be answered

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kakko won’t get demoted. ;)

Seriously though, one big disadvantage with Kakko is that it kills all my ideas for fun RWs, Lazar, Pulju and co.

Now I need to dig up some similar LWs, small, fast, hardworking. Straka type. :)

I was talking about Puljujarvi being in Hartford

Reactions: Ola

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just curious to get the mindset of Ranger fans on how they would feel about trading Kreider to get another top 10 pick for this years draft

Reactions: Cag29

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
If we'd be looking at getting Subban, I'm seeing if they take back Shattenkirk. Shatty is cheaper than Subban and can play a similar role on the PP. One less year. Without a cap increase, the Preds are basically against the cap. Can't really improve a team that way, but most of their roster will remain intact, except their rentals.

Curious what that kind of trade would be, but I'm not sure if Subban is getting trade this offseason. I can see it happening next offseason, especially if they do not win a cup. He has a big signing bonus due 7/1/20 and I can see a team that will take him after that is paid by Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad