Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Put me down as someone who isn't terribly enamored with Babcock.

I think he's a guy who was the right fit, at the right time, for a Detroit team at the tale end of it's championship years. But I can't say I was wowed by his performances before that gig, or that I've been wowed by his performances since that time.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
In the off season, I would give a call to Babcock.

that would be a slap in the face to Quinn. Babcock would do so well with these young players :sarcasm:. he is a veteran coach. pass maybe once they actually contend in the playoffs for a few years Babcock would be a better fit

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Would NJ really pay Babcock? Correct me if I’m wrong but Babcock has a guaranteed contract so he’ll make the same amount not working. I’d find it hard to believe NJ would out pay what TO is paying him for this year. Does he also have a deal for next year?

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Are we talking about Zibanejad here?

1) look at tho who his cast of linemates was prior to this year
2) He routinely went against the opposition's top lines last year and excelled
3) How exactly does he struggle to score?

Wow. What in the name of anything happened here? I actually need to defend Mika friggin' Zibanejad now? A borderline, elite top line center? Good lord. People are going to be very disappointed in most of our prospects if this the case

I wouldn't say elite, but I am absolutely not trading him.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Panic? Who's in a panic????

Anyone who is, is merely a casual fan and doesn't understand what a rebuild is, what Gorton and the NYR have been doing for 2 plus years and/or have ridiculous expectations about this team for this season.

Anyone who felt they were going to make the playoffs (let alone make any noise) was either hoping or just ignorant of what's happening here.
Yeah I’ve been a casual fan since 1975
I know what a rebuild is

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Put me down as someone who isn't terribly enamored with Babcock.

I think he's a guy who was the right fit, at the right time, for a Detroit team at the tale end of it's championship years. But I can't say I was wowed by his performances before that gig, or that I've been wowed by his performances since that time.
I would sooner wait for Gerard Gallant . Vegas will soon be trending down and even Gallant won't be good enough to save them....he had a 5 year deal...I think he is in year 4?

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Would NJ really pay Babcock? Correct me if I’m wrong but Babcock has a guaranteed contract so he’ll make the same amount not working. I’d find it hard to believe NJ would out pay what TO is paying him for this year. Does he also have a deal for next year?

Babcock, if he wants, has I believe 3 and a half years left if he wants to just sit and collect a paycheck.

He doesn't seem the type though, I'd be surprised if he's unemployed still at the start of next season. Could see him taking the rest of this year though maybe.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Can you explain what you mean by yet?

Babcock is a motivator. He helps push teams that are close over the cusp. He is NOT good with youth.

Maybe in like 3/4 years when we should be contending.

Full disclosure, I am perfectly OK with Quinn for the forseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad