OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm super happy with however this goes at this point as long as they don't go crazy off the board.

Reactions: TNT87

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's still hilarious to me that the Falcons took a soon to be 24 year old QB with a top-10 pick when they just gave a huge deal to Kirk Cousins. Just an absolutely ass backwards decision that makes no sense.

If you wanted to go with that kind of backup project, why not trade a 5th for Fields? Fields is only 14 months older than Penix.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If they want Barton, they should try to trade back. They have backup options if he gets picked.

Like I said on the last page, I just don't see a way you can justify taking Barton with who's on the board right now.

Trade up to get Frazier in round 2 if you're that concerned about getting a center. But here? Mitchell is far too good of value out of a CB prospect to not take him at 20.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Btw, since I can see this happening, I'm just going to remind people that by a bunch of boards, Barton is in the neighbourhood of being BPA at this point.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I’m not gonna be upset if they take Barton, but to my untrained eye it seems like other linemen of similar talent could be had in the 2nd.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
While I obviously have preferences here, this pick is really a no-lose situation for the Steelers IMO. Either they get the best corner in the draft (Mitchell), the best center in the draft (Barton) or another great RT prospect (Fuaga).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You can get the best CB in the draft which is more premium a position than center…

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's still hilarious to me that the Falcons took a soon to be 24 year old QB with a top-10 pick when they just gave a huge deal to Kirk Cousins. Just an absolutely ass backwards decision that makes no sense.

If you wanted to go with that kind of backup project, why not trade a 5th for Fields? Fields is only 14 months older than Penix.

Because they're totally different players and QB isn't one size fits all?

Fields is maybe the worst pocket QB in the league. Penix is possibly the best pocket QB in the draft. Given that Atlanta went hard for Cousins, I think there's an answer right there on what Atlanta value.

Reactions: Andy99

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
While I obviously have preferences here, this pick is really a no-lose situation for the Steelers IMO. Either they get the best corner in the draft (Mitchell), the best center in the draft (Barton) or another great RT prospect (Fuaga).
Fuaga went to NO at 14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad