Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
Bu the issue here is that the panic is an entirely self-created issue made possible by the many medical doctors that post on this board.
I think the panic is Mika is our best player and he’s hurting. I’m sure we all want him healthy and in the line up for many seasons and a few cup wins.
This organization has been hurt badly with concussions ie Nash ,Staal , The big righty Defenseman can’t think of his name. ?
There might be others that escape me at the moment.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I think the panic is Mika is our best player and he’s hurting. I’m sure we all want him healthy and in the line up for many seasons and a few cup wins.
This organization has been hurt badly with concussions ie Nash ,Staal , The big righty Defenseman can’t think of his name. ?

Panarin is our best player. Where the hell did this Mika is our best player thing come from? Mika is a endurable player whose career high of 74 points matches Panarin's worst year. Read that Panarin has had 4 years as good as or better than Mika's best year and he will make this year #5. Love Mika but he is getting beyond overrated here.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle

Panic? Who's in a panic????

Anyone who is, is merely a casual fan and doesn't understand what a rebuild is, what Gorton and the NYR have been doing for 2 plus years and/or have ridiculous expectations about this team for this season.

Anyone who felt they were going to make the playoffs (let alone make any noise) was either hoping or just ignorant of what's happening here.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Panarin is our best player. Where the hell did this Mika is our best player thing come from? Mika is a endurable player whose career high of 74 points matches Panarin's worst year. Read that Panarin has had 4 years as good as or better than Mika's best year and he will make this year #5. Love Mika but he is getting beyond overrated here.
What is this rant about? Explain how ZBad is overrated, please. I am sensing some sort of agenda coming on.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
having a “short memory” and being “knowledgeable about the salary cap doesn’t give a fan the right to bash a franchise icon like Lundqvist. It makes them a shameless opportunist at best and an idiot at worst

I completely agree. It doesn’t give them the right. See my post two above yours. I was just explaining why I think it happens.

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
What is this rant about? Explain how ZBad is overrated, please. I am sensing some sort of agenda coming on.

He's not good defensively, struggles to score on even-strength. Only had one great year, at least points-wise.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
He's not good defensively, struggles to score on even-strength. Only had one great year, at least points-wise.
Are we talking about Zibanejad here?

1) look at tho who his cast of linemates was prior to this year
2) He routinely went against the opposition's top lines last year and excelled
3) How exactly does he struggle to score?

Wow. What in the name of anything happened here? I actually need to defend Mika friggin' Zibanejad now? A borderline, elite top line center? Good lord. People are going to be very disappointed in most of our prospects if this the case

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Fine, but he may be more important. Is it really that much of an offensive statement?

And you still need to respond regarding how he is overrated?

I don't have to do anything.

But how is he not overrated by some people when people are saying he is better than Panarin? Its not just one guy saying it.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Are we talking about Zibanejad here?

1) look at tho who his cast of linemates was prior to this year
2) He routinely went against the opposition's top lines last year and excelled
3) How exactly does he struggle to score?

Wow. What in the name of anything happened here? I actually need to defend Mika friggin' Zibanejad now? A borderline, elite top line center? Good lord. People are going to be very disappointed in most of our prospects if this the case

He is better than anybody not named Panarin.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I don't have to do anything.
If you claim that he is overrated, it is usually good to be able to defend your point.
But how is he not overrated by some people when people are saying he is better than Panarin? Its not just one guy saying it.
I saw one post that said he was the best. Do you really make such a distinction between "best" and "most important"?
He is better than anybody not named Panarin.
Again, is there such a difference between being the best and being the most important?

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
If you claim that he is overrated, it is usually good to be able to defend your point.

I saw one post that said he was the best. Do you really make such a distinction between "best" and "most important"?

Again, is there such a difference between being the best and being the most important?

It's not one post. I saw another a few days ago. I've seen it on reddit and blueshirt banter as well.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
He's pretty good defensiely.
His ES scoring rate is pretty good.
His counting stats are a matter of opinion.

He's pretty good.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Mika is the teams most important player. Best is subjective but he's probably that too. Being a C matters.

Reactions: Kupo

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Would the leafs be interested in Kreider at 50% and a D prospect for Nylander?

No. Not unless they had an extension in place for Kreider. I have no doubt they'd love to add a guy like Kreider -- they were rumored to have asked about him last year -- but as a rental he's not getting you anywhere near Nylander.

Kakko - Zibanejad - Nylander could be scary good though.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
A Skjei for Nylander basis for a deal would make sense for both teams. It would be reminiscent of the Leafs trade of Kadri for Barrie. In saying that, I’d expect another piece headed back to Toronto, probably a young forward.

the trade was Kadri for Barrie + Kerfoot. Barrie is a UFA at years end. So what about a UFA forward + Skjei for Nylander? Fast?

Reactions: RangersFan1994
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad