Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If Strome really has turned a bit of a corner then there is no reason he can't play the 3C Brassard role that we had in the past
In a capped league I think it kind of doesn’t make sense to give bottom six players long term deals. But it wouldn’t be crazy to offer Ryan 10/4 or something like that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In a capped league I think it kind of doesn’t make sense to give bottom six players long term deals. But it wouldn’t be crazy to offer Ryan 10/4 or something like that.

If you can lock him up at 4/10 you do it in a heartbeat.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That is wildly unrealistic...

He is currently at 3.1, and that was a RFA contract, and has only been playing better; in what world does he get paid LESS ???

He easily gets 4 mill per.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That is wildly unrealistic...

He is currently at 3.1, and that was a RFA contract, and has only been playing better; in what world does he get paid LESS ???

Justin Schultz once took a discount, going from 3.1m to 1.4m with Pittsburgh not giving him a QO, but signing with them as a UFA. It all depends on how badly he wants to be here

Reactions: egelband

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'd have no issues giving Strome 5 years.

That deal ends at 31 years old. Not that bad.

5 years and 25 million is a deal I'd be comfortable with

Ken Lund

Feb 23, 2019
Sounds high to me (the contract, not saying you're high) but the sample size is still relatively small. If he plays like this all year that might be alright.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Svechnikov is a PPG player. Makar is a PPG player so far. So many PPG players.

Besides Panarin I hope one of Chytil, Kravstov and Kakko can become a PPG player. I also think Fox has that potential in the right situation.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Svechnikov is a PPG player. Makar is a PPG player so far. So many PPG players.

Besides Panarin I hope one of Chytil, Kravstov and Kakko can become a PPG player. I also think Fox has that potential in the right situation.

If Fox was a ppg dman he would likely be a regular Norris candidate. Since 2000 only 3 dmen have played ppg (playing 80+ games). Lidstrom, Burns and Karlsson.

There are quite a few on pace or close to it so far this season, but we are barely able at the quarter mark of the season. Most of those players pace will drop off. Only one with a solid chance is Carlson right now.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Would rather trade Strome like he has negative value with a pick for a worse pick than sign him for 5 years and 25 mil.

He’s been pretty good. I don’t buy it at all as something that will continue. Signing these middle six guys to expensive long deals is what kills your cap. And if someone would truly give him a deal like that he’d get a good return in a trade.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Would rather trade Strome like he has negative value with a pick for a worse pick than sign him for 5 years and 25 mil.

He’s been pretty good. I don’t buy it at all as something that will continue. Signing these middle six guys to expensive long deals is what kills your cap. And if someone would truly give him a deal like that he’d get a good return in a trade.

What makes you think it won't continue?

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
With our cap crunch next year, I think we will have no choice but to sell high on strome unless he wants to sign at a huge discount. Even if you think he’s worth keeping he isn’t high enough on the priority list to make his cap hit fit.

If he was a rfa the following summer it might be a different story but I think ultimately the cap will force our hand here

zukeisgone

Jan 17, 2019
Strome seems to really enjoy being on this team. The NYR rehabilitated his career. He could be our 3c and our top 6 fill in for injury’s. Seems like a perfect match. Does he want to cash out or carve out a nice career with an original 6 team? I don’t see Howden becoming the current Strome. Filling the 3c for the next 5 years sounds good. 6yrs 28million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad