Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
I know there is a lot of time but i'm sure management will want to get things figured out sooner than later, especially the goaltending situation. I wonder when we will know what will happen with Hank since i think his decision will tell us if we are moving Georgiev or not.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
it ain’t the two kids I can promise you that

and I also think he may be talking about Quinn. I really do. Just like Rutherford is clearly talking about his coach

I think he is talking about Strome, D'Angelo, Staal, Mckegg and Digueseppi. I never got any inclination that he was talking about staff.

Reactions: Rangers394

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Based on JD's comments today, they are committed to making Brett Howden a thing

I guess you gotta give them credit for trying

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I just spoke with a good source. That I have not spoken with for very long. Knows the NYR organization extremely well. He personally thinks we draft Lafreniere as #1. Strome, Lias and Hajek will all likely be moved. Georgiev maybe. ADA too, if the right deal is there. Buch gets a pass Until TDL 2021. Staal likely bought Out. Hank retires (this is not my pirate source that knows These things much better). Smith might actually stay around. Got some praise actually. Our Carolina pick is in play, for sure. Lots of other possibilities - but so many variables. Going to be Lots of unexpected things happening in the cap strapped era. Gotta be cool as a cucumber . Buckle up as we enter the age of corona

Great info as always. Is there any news on Anderson and what could happen with him?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
In that case, wait a year. Lindgren looks like he can be a solid player for us. Not losing him
I guess if they trade Buch, either in that trade or outside of it, they could protect 8 players instead of 7F/3D.
Panarin
Zibanejad
Kreider
Chytil
DeAngelo
Trouba
Lindgren
Brodin

Reactions: Rangers394

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020

Why wouldn't they? He's still young and does have potential. Need to be patient and see what he can turn into. What's the rush?

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Would there be anyway to get a bigger deal of Brodin & Greenway from the Wild? No idea what it would include but would help our LD & C situation and Greenway played for Quinn. Maybe something around Strome, next years first and something else was dealt to the wild?

No trading of 1st

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011

Or they like him as a person and see no reason to say "this guy sucks" to the media, or maybe they want to still have the opportunity to trade him in the future, or maybe (most likely) some combination of all those things

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
They can't just keep McKegg/sign some other old warm body for the 4th line/13th forward and protect him? I always forget how this works
They can protect one goalie and either:
- 7 forwards and 3 defensemen, or
- 8 skaters

Kakko, Lafreniere, Kravstov, Shesterkin, Fox exempt.

There are requirements for players to be exposed, and McKegg could play into it, but it's normally pretty easy to fulfill and is of less concern than protecting all the players you want.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Or they like him as a person and see no reason to say "this guy sucks" to the media, or maybe they want to still have the opportunity to trade him in the future, or maybe (most likely) some combination of all those things

Or maybe he isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I mean they clearly don’t think he sucks, as evidence by their comments and Quinn’s handling of him

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Brodin will likely be moved by the Wild prior to the Expansion Draft though because of their situation on D for protection. Someone will trade for him, whether that is us or not.

Wild would likely want prospects/pick/exempt stuff from the Expansion Draft. Robertson + Howden or something might be able to get it done to be honest. Could also see a ADA move made then to ensure we don't unnecessarily lose a D in the Expansion Draft.

ADA + Strome for Monahan? Flames are losing both Brodie and Hamonic from their right side after this year. Georgiev could find his way into that deal as well, they need a future at goalie.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Brodin will likely be moved by the Wild prior to the Expansion Draft though because of their situation on D for protection. Someone will trade for him, whether that is us or not.

Wild would likely want prospects/pick/exempt stuff from the Expansion Draft. Robertson + Howden or something might be able to get it done to be honest. Could also see a ADA move made then to ensure we don't unnecessarily lose a D in the Expansion Draft.

ADA + Strome for Monahan? Flames are losing both Brodie and Hamonic from their right side after this year. Georgiev could find his way into that deal as well, they need a future at goalie.
Outside of Tkachuk, Monohan is the most untouchable flame outside of a massive overpayment

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

2etILqY.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I'm game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino