Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Just heard they are working on an extension.
iCWmBBO.gif

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
45+ contract 4 Stahl... and forget another Fin for Kakko... the next star is coming from the place where the weather is very nice, not covered in ice...

Reactions: broadwayblue

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Say we do win Lafrenierre? Who's moving out of position?

I suspect no one. With that depth you just kind of roll 3 lines and very rarely see the 4th liners except on the penalty kill.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Buchnevich
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Fast

The guy who gets shafted for ice time in that scenario is Brendan Lemieux.

It's not a 'good' solution, but it beats moving Kreider to the right, where he's quite uncomfortable.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
If it's someone, I would say Lafreniere makes the most sense stylistically.

When Panarin and Kreider played on the same line it was Kreider on RW this year, so that would seem to be their pecking order.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
Would really like to see Kakko tried at center at some point in the future. Maybe not next year but once he shows he can perform consistently at a high level at wing.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think Kreider could be a decent center. If he plays with Panarin he wouldn't have to carry the play.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I think Kreider could be a decent center. If he plays with Panarin he wouldn't have to carry the play.

Huh? I would say on paper he would make a terrible center. Negates his speed, chasing in the corners, and getting to the front of the net. He isn't really a playmaker and he isn't someone known for his keen positioning. I am really not seeing it.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Huh? I would say on paper he would make a terrible center. Negates his speed, chasing in the corners, and getting to the front of the net. He isn't really a playmaker and he isn't someone known for his keen positioning. I am really not seeing it.
Agreed, couldn't see Kreider excelling at center. And there's no need to do it.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
seriously? If we win Lafrieniere you want to move players out of position to give him a top 6 spot? Just play him at his natural position and roll 3 scoring lines and have a 4th line grinding unit. You NEED 4 lines to win anything. Not 2 powerhouse lines and 2 lines that cant do diddly squat.

Stop being stupid please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad