Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
As nice as it would be for the Rangers to roll with Georgiev and Shesterkin for next season, if the market is there for Georgie you need to capitalize. Additionally, I don't know how comfortable the team would be rolling with two young goalies, one of whom only has 12 NHL games to his credit. Lastly, the Rangers have to expose someone in expansion. They could give Berube a 2 year deal but I dunno how appealing that is to either party.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It did sound like Gorts really lost faith in some aspects of the team to the point that he will want to make some changes. Like to me at least it definitely felt like his was paving way for cutting some ties.

Thing is — there can’t be many aspects of the team for him to lose faith in, right?

Goaltending? Nope.

Right defense? Trouba was good, Fox is still a rookie and TDA was hurt.

Left defense? Lindgren was fine and the dinosaurs actually were pretty fine too. But like it just don’t fit. It can’t be that he now felt boom I want to drop Staal and Smith. If he could have he would have a long time ago.

Kreider, Zib, Panarin and co are off the table for obvious reasons.

Buch wasn’t bad, but he must be lifted by Zib to really perform at the highest level and it’s not his fault that Zib, Panarin and co were off. Could be traded, but that has been a train in motion a long time now.

Kakko is still in diapers. Fast played 75% of a shift. Lemieux only played one game.

So what then? Who have he lost faith in? The only guys left are Strome, Chytil, Howden, DiGiuseppi, McKegg and Gauthier. I thought Gauthier was fine and DiGiuseppi and McKegg prolly had no faith of Gorton to start with.

Strome, Chytil and/or Howden?

it ain’t the two kids I can promise you that

and I also think he may be talking about Quinn. I really do. Just like Rutherford is clearly talking about his coach

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Ola Noooooooooo

Haha, seriously though, Pulju has impressed in Europe. Worked really hard away from the puck and been physical. The kid is talented. I think someone like Panarin really could set him in fire.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Haha, seriously though, Pulju has impressed in Europe. Worked really hard away from the puck and been physical. The kid is talented. I think someone like Panarin really could set him in fire.
His value is like Lias and a later pick at this point.

Feasting on the European leagues has never been an issue for JP. His game just does not translate

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

Dude I'm all about trading for him, but not at the cost of Chytil.

I'd move Andersson, Rykov, heck maybe even Kravtsov for him, but not Filip.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I think there should be a market for Georgiev looking at all the goalies who will be UFAs. Teams will be looking for young goaltending help after parting ways with an old free agent.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One of these things is not like the other...You'd move Kravtsov for Puljujarvi? Seriously?

With an addition on the Oilers end, yes.

Of course, Edmonton has other bigger fish, like Klefbom and Nurse, that I'd like too.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Buch for Max Domi

Someone liked my idea in the rumors section :naughty:. If the other things can hold true and we'll have space, I would gladly have Domi slot into the 2C and give him a decently termed deal to do it.

Reactions: Ola

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Does that even work cap wise? Just curious lol.

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Georgiev will be gone eventually. Might as well be sooner rather than later. Its not like there are no goalies in the pipeline.

Would be nice if they can package him with their 2nd 1st rounder to move up.

Reactions: TheTakedown

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Max Domi is not the answer. Give a C that plays some defense as well.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Max Domi is not the answer. Give a C that plays some defense as well.

If RNH wasn't one season away from free agency, he'd be an ideal candidate to trade some value for as the 2C of the future for this team.

But I'm highly skiddish of trading assets for a non-cost controlled, non-star player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad