Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
NYR Twitter is, as I thought they would, losing their shit about Fogarty possibly being in over Kravtsov.

Hilarious.

same people would be complaining if kravtsov played on the 4th line with mckegg and howden and would also complain if kravtsov wasn't on the 4th line and they didn't get gauthier a top 9 spot lol

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It's a question of who the coaching staff would rather give 8 minutes of physical, defense-oriented hockey to.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
The lines will probably be

KZB
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
PDG-Chytil-Gauthier
McKegg-Howden-Fogarty

Where in that Top 9 is Kravtsov going to line up? Nowhere. Is it beneficial to play him at 4RW with McKegg and Howden in a limited 4th line usage? Absolutely not. Also, with Fast out, they need another PKer, which Fogarty will do.

People will point to Toronto and Nick Robertson and be like "THEY CAN PLAY AN 18 YEAR OLD IN THE TOP 9 WHY CAN'T THE RANGERS?!?!?!" when it's not even the same situation. Also, Robertson is better.

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
NYR Twitter is, as I thought they would, losing their shit about Fogarty possibly being in over Kravtsov.

Hilarious.

Cause they’re missing out on throwing Kravtsov out there with no NHL experience, on a shit 4th line and then complaining about how he’s a bust.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
KZB
Panarin strome kakko
Krav chytil gauthier
Digi howden mckegg

I understand wanting a pker, but you need to score goals too and Krav might provide something offensively that fogarty will never do.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
KZB
Panarin strome kakko
Krav chytil gauthier
Digi howden mckegg

I understand wanting a pker, but you need to score goals too and Krav might provide something offensively that fogarty will never do.

I get it, but the coaching staff barely trusts Kravstov at RW, his primary position. I doubt they will trust him to be able to play big minutes in the playoffs at LW. It's probably not even a consideration.

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I get it, but the coaching staff barely trusts Kravstov at his primary position (RW). I doubt they will trust him to be able to play big minutes in the playoffs at LW.

That's fair. But Krav produced more points off the left side, and sometimes you gotta take a chance. Playing fogarty is playing not to lose, which is how you lose.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
KZB
Panarin strome kakko
Krav chytil gauthier
Digi howden mckegg

This isn't the KHL. He's far more likely to be a huge defensive liability than he is to score a goal.

Reactions: bleedblue94

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
This isn't the KHL. He's far more likely to be a huge defensive liability than he is to score a goal.

Yeah I get it. And I understand the hesitancy to play an unproven player in that spot. But sometimes you gotta take a chance and in a 5 game crapshoot, I say give it all you got and play your best young players. See what happens, you might just find something special.

Reactions: McSauer

Avery16

Shake my hand, fatso
Jun 28, 2015
Brooklyn
Certainly, offense is what was most missing from yesterday. If Zib and DeAngelo are indisposed, I don’t like our options.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
This

You put in the most defensively responsible player in. It's a 4th line role. That's no Krav area of expertise. If we lost someone in our top 6? Yeah sure give him a shot. Otherwise go with the more polished player.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

KZB
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
PDG-Chytil-Gauthier
McKegg-Howden-Fogarty

Where in that Top 9 is Kravtsov going to line up? Nowhere. Is it beneficial to play him at 4RW with McKegg and Howden in a limited 4th line usage? Absolutely not.

Also, with Fast out, they need another PKer, which Fogarty will do.

They will point to Toronto and Nick Robertson and be like "THEY CAN PLAY AN 18 YEAR OLD IN THE TOP 9 WHY CAN'T THE RANGERS?!?!?!" when it's not even the same situation. Also, Robertson is better.

that not the top 9

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
This

You put in the most defensively responsible player in. It's a 4th line role. That's no Krav area of expertise. If we lost someone in our top 6? Yeah sure give him a shot. Otherwise go with the more polished player.

Is fast not the player coming out? I thought he was hurt?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

KZB
Panarin-Strome-Kakko
PDG-Chytil-Gauthier
McKegg-Howden-Fogarty

Where in that Top 9 is Kravtsov going to line up? Nowhere. Is it beneficial to play him at 4RW with McKegg and Howden in a limited 4th line usage? Absolutely not. Also, with Fast out, they need another PKer, which Fogarty will do.

People will point to Toronto and Nick Robertson and be like "THEY CAN PLAY AN 18 YEAR OLD IN THE TOP 9 WHY CAN'T THE RANGERS?!?!?!" when it's not even the same situation. Also, Robertson is better.
The leafs also know how to develop young players ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad