Speculation: Roster Building Thread: Part XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
miller was well known around the White Plains bar scene. That’s a fact. Whether that carried over to his play Idk. But it’s not a rumor he loved the bars. I witnessed first hand many times. As I did love the bar scene myself in those days. :laugh:

Show me a 22 year old millionaire who doesn't like the bar scene. I've said it before, if I was his teammate, I'd be out drinking with him.

I'm mainly referring to the made up stories that he wasn't liked by his teammates & that his lifestyle affected his play....Someone even suggested he was out drinking before games. :eyeroll: It's all unconfirmed teenage gossip.

I think it's easy to forget how young these guys really are...mentally. We're talking about boys who are drafted at 18 who are expected to be be fully mature by 20 just because they're good at hockey. In reality they're playing a pro sport when the rest of their peers are attending college classes...many of them start boozing Wednesday night & don't stop til Sunday afternoon. It's also easy as a fan to lose patience, but the light doesn't turn on for these guys at exactly the same time just because we think it should.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
That ending left a really bad taste in my mouth.

It honestly made me feel as if there was no hope at all. Like the Trouba, Kreider and Panarin deals will prove to be brutal and our youth will bust or be mediocre at best.

Maybe I’m just hung over

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
Khudobin was really good this year. He probably stays in Dallas.

Lehner made 5 mil this year, not 1.4 mil. He got traded to Vegas via Toronto. Chicago retained 2.5 mil and Toronto retained 1.1 mil. There's no chance he'll sign on to be a cheap backup. He's going to be looking to get paid.

I think we'll have to wait and see how the market shakes out. There will be quite a few teams looking for goalies and we may end up having to pick from the leftovers.

You are correct--I totally forgot he got traded with money retained.

Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad